Colorado Tickets

So I'm going with a friend that lives in Denver. My brother and another friend want to come with but won't be sure they will be able to go for a few more weeks. Looks like tickets on stubhub are about 240 after fees. Should I buy a few or do you guys think they'll be lower in a few weeks.  Prices seem a bit high, maybe we'll tailgate and watch the game near the stadium

32 minutes ago, Salsa Red said:

So I'm going with a friend that lives in Denver. My brother and another friend want to come with but won't be sure they will be able to go for a few more weeks. Looks like tickets on stubhub are about 240 after fees. Should I buy a few or do you guys think they'll be lower in a few weeks.  Prices seem a bit high, maybe we'll tailgate and watch the game near the stadium

Normally I'd suggest waiting until closer to gametime but I get the feeling these tickets will remain high with Husker fan demand.

Looks like you can avoid the $200 ralphie donation if you buy tickets via CU's 3-Game Mini Plan - I wish I would have done this...

Under this plan, they're charging a fixed $190 per ticket for our game + minimum $40 for all others at Folsum (including USC and Stanford games). Could probably sell off two other games for half the price and save some cash on going to our game. Could still look into season tickets too, but I'm not seeing a lot of details on the website - would think you might be able to snag two endzone seats near the student section for $600 total for the year.

NU vs CU tix.JPG

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, corncraze said:

You can do it for $1,465 with their pick-3 plan. Then just try to sell off the 5 for the other two games.

Not a good plan IMO. I bought CU season tickets back in the late 80's-early 90's when CU was actually decent, just so I could go to the Nebraska game. Figured I could sell some of the other games and recoup some expense. Wrong, I literally couldn't even give them away. I did go to a CU-Stanford game one time (wore my red Husker stuff and cheered for Stanford :lol:) but I was so bored that I left at halftime. Anyway, I sure wouldn't plan on being able to get any value out of any other games.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Not a good plan IMO. I bought CU season tickets back in the late 80's-early 90's when CU was actually decent, just so I could go to the Nebraska game. Figured I could sell some of the other games and recoup some expense. Wrong, I literally couldn't even give them away. I did go to a CU-Stanford game one time (wore my red Husker stuff and cheered for Stanford :lol:) but I was so bored that I left at halftime. Anyway, I sure wouldn't plan on being able to get any value out of any other games.

Yep. You're better off looking for tickets in the week or two before the game. There's a chance you won't find them at a decent price, but there's usually a bunch available especially the couple days right before the game.

I have been to many away games from the old Big 8 and 12, and now B1G (all but OK St when we were still Big 8), and with the exception of a couple of coach bus trips with the wife...I have always just purchased tickets outside the stadium the day of the game. Maybe paid a few dollars more than I wanted, but NEVER had to cough up the kind of dough you guys are talking about for CU game tickets or ticket packages

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I have been to many away games from the old Big 8 and 12, and now B1G (all but OK St when we were still Big 8), and with the exception of a couple of coach bus trips with the wife...I have always just purchased tickets outside the stadium the day of the game. Maybe paid a few dollars more than I wanted, but NEVER had to cough up the kind of dough you guys are talking about for CU game tickets or ticket packages

I was surprised at some of the prices posted. Maybe I’m not a big enough fan or don’t make enough $ but my instinct tells me prices will go down.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...