How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

38 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That’s a very misleading statement.  She didn’t vote to fund ICE specifically.  She voted to fund DHS through early February. DHS includes FEMA, the Coast Guard, Secret Service.  

Its quite possible that she understands that ICE will have to be funded in order to fund other agencies.

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

That’s a very misleading statement.  She didn’t vote to fund ICE specifically.  She voted to fund DHS through early February. DHS includes FEMA, the Coast Guard, Secret Service.  

Its quite possible that she understands that ICE will have to be funded in order to fund other agencies.

hmmm...who is tougher on immigration?    she voted to fund them all....donnie shut them down.

• Plus1 5
10 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yes.

It's also quite possible she doesn't understand as much.

She campaigned on eliminating ICE and creating a new agency in its place. Sounds to me like she's still on the same track, and smart enough not to shutter ICE before there is something better in place.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

She campaigned on eliminating ICE and creating a new agency in its place. Sounds to me like she's still on the same track, and smart enough not to shutter ICE before there is something better in place.

What does she want in its place - what will it look like??  A welcome mat :dunno   perhaps like this:

https://www.welcomingamerica.org/engage/take-action

14 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

If you want to continue to be influenced by gotcha tweets from people like the guy's tweet you shared, it's quire possible you know even less than she does.

I think that its entirely factual all of us know less than she does about this issue specifically. 

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, Fru said:

Shapiro talks quick and articulate, gives dubious statistics, often says "studies show" (without giving specifics on said studies), then demands precise details of people he's debating. Additionally he frames his opponents arguments in a wholly inaccurate manner, much like the ACO dancing tweet. He's quick witted and has made a living off "debating" ill prepared college students. His "Facts don't care about your feelings" trope rings rather hollow when the progressive policies he critiques as "insane" have been proven to work effectively in other first world countries.  

Not to derail the thread, but this is also a pretty decent description of The Daily Show & John Oliver's show.

• Plus1 1
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

But you don't believe she is and choose to use tweets by people with an obvious political lean to try and show her lack of knowledge.

I don't think she knows more about political policies than me? When did I say that? I'm quite certain she does, and she most definitely should considering the position she's in. My only issues with AOC is that she has already shown a habit for fibbery. She's admitted that she thinks what feels good, is more important than being factually correct. And her policies fall way too far Left for me.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Not to derail the thread, but this is also a pretty decent description of The Daily Show & John Oliver's show.

Not to contribute to the derailment, but Shapiro has quite a bit more political intellect than either of those two, or at least what they choose to show.... Both of those shows have turned into 30min-1hr "Trump" bit.... John Oliver is funny. Trevor Noah? Maybe it's because he followed a legend, but I think he's terrible.