How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

33 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Your opinion of her doesn't mean she can't be or isn't a leader.

I guess we can proclaim Trump as a great real leader also.  He was such a great leader that he was able to convince enough people to vote for him to become President.  He was such a great leader that he is able to convince slightly less than 40% of America that all fo his BS is true.  He's a great enough leader that he was able to push through his tax cuts.  He's a great enough leader that he has people foaming at the mouth with excitement when at rallies.  He just has a gaffe every once in a while when he speaks.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

So an indication of a leader to you is someone that DOESN'T influence policy but merely keeps quiet and votes?  And in addition, she was ELECTED to be the leader of her district.  Not to just follow along.

FYI, I think you misquoted as that wasn't my post

11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Who is she leading, and what has she lead them too? Late Night Shows don't count.

Just look at all the topics and policies she's caused to become part of the mainstream discussion. She's leading the discussion about the same issues she campaigned on.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess we can proclaim Trump as a great real leader also.  He was such a great leader that he was able to convince enough people to vote for him to become President.  He was such a great leader that he is able to convince slightly less than 40% of America that all fo his BS is true.  He's a great enough leader that he was able to push through his tax cuts.  He's a great enough leader that he has people foaming at the mouth with excitement when at rallies.  He just has a gaffe every once in a while when he speaks.

There's a huge difference between lying and a gaffe, but I think you already know that.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So has Trump.  The only difference is that you agree with her positions...and not his.

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Trump consistently does this. I don't call that leadership.

I think Trump is leading in the wrong direction, but he's still a leader.

Like I said, you can disagree with AOC, but the entire reason we're even talking about her policies is because of her leadership. Can you name the policies of any of the other new Congressional members? Or even know any of their names?

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well see now you are mistaking leader for "great" leader.  There is a big difference between the 2.

Trump is not a great leader, in my opinion.  Some here (usually with the use of an eyeTroll) will disagree with me.  But he is a leader.  He leads his party without a doubt.

Is AOC a "great" leader?  No.  Not yet.  But, in my opinion, (again eyeTroll will disagree) she is advancing the conversation on a myriad of topics I find important.  So I see her as a leader in some ways.  Time will tell if she's great.

33 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Who is she leading, and what has she lead them too? Late Night Shows don't count.

I think I answered this in another post.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Well see now you are mistaking leader for "great" leader.  There is a big difference between the 2.

Trump is not a great leader, in my opinion.  Some here (usually with the use of an eyeTroll) will disagree with me.  But he is a leader.  He leads his party without a doubt.

Is AOC a "great" leader?  No.  Not yet.  But, in my opinion, (again eyeTroll will disagree) she is advancing the conversation on a myriad of topics I find important.  So I see her as a leader in some ways.  Time will tell if she's great.

SPH doing a better job explaining than I am. I'm not saying Trump or AOC are "good" or "bad" leaders, just that they're leaders. When I called AOC a "real" leader I was thinking more as compared to other Dems like Schumer.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

SPH doing a better job explaining than I am. I'm not saying Trump or AOC are "good" or "bad" leaders, just that they're leaders. When I called AOC a "real" leader I was thinking more as compared to other Dems like Schumer.

Don't get me wrong.  I think Trump is a very, very, terrible leader.

I think AOC is leading  on some issues I find important.  I just don't know how it will turn out yet.  So far so good, imo.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I think AOC is leading  on some issues I find important.  I just don't know how it will turn out yet.  So far so good, imo.

I agree.

I know some aren't a fan of her hyperbole (or gaffe depending on your take), but we really need to discuss that we've only got about 12 years until climate change becomes irreversible.

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The only difference is that you like AOCs policies and don't like Trump's.  

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I know some aren't a fan of her hyperbole

We don't need more hyperbole in our political discussions.  If you need that, then I would say you're not being a good leader.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

We don't need more hyperbole in our political discussions.  If you need that, then I would say you're not being a good leader.

Or you're using hyperbole correctly to lead people to an issue that's both critical and urgent. Or it's not even hyperbolic because failure to reverse climate change could be the end of humans. I agree that our politics tend towards too much hyperbole but that doesn't mean it's never warranted. Reagan used hyperbole about the tax code and the Soviets constantly - you decide if he wasn't being a good leader in those cases.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The only difference is that you like AOCs policies and don't like Trump's.  

There is a lot more about Trump that makes him a terrible leader.

Right now, AOC is not in a position for me to determine if she is good or not because she holds no leadership positions yet.  And I don't know that i like ALL her policies.  But I am certainly listening to the 70% marginal tax rate and ideas on climate change.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

There is a lot more about Trump that makes him a terrible leader.

Right now, AOC is not in a position for me to determine if she is good or not because she holds no leadership positions yet.  And I don't know that i like ALL her policies.  But I am certainly listening to the 70% marginal tax rate and ideas on climate change.

Pardon me if I took your "real leader" label as meaning she is a great leader.