How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yes, I would be surprised if the restaurant suffered consequences for leaving the photo up. .

I wonder if the restaurant owner was as confident as you when he learned of the article?

It's good to see that there is backlash to this nonsense.

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

He gave other examples in the article.

I read it.

32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The MAGA hat kid hired a PR firm and went on TV.

Yes, I would be surprised if the restaurant suffered consequences for leaving the photo up. This guy is a wingnut and nobody agrees with his try-too-hard stance on this. Search his name on Twitter. He's getting roasted (and rightly so).

I peaked at his twitter earlier.... Good. Lord.

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

In the same thread we're roasting a guy for trying too hard to find offense to a photo of coal miners, we're trying reeeeally hard to conjure up imminent problems for a restaurant owner.

Irony.

I don't think it's that far-fetched. Social media doesn't have a history of ruining people?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 9:09 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

We have a few different topics in the P&R forum dedicated to the extremes of the Far-Right, so I thought one dedicated to the absurdities of the opposite end of the spectrum would be fair, and fun.

How is the post above mine an "absurdity" of the Left?

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How is the post above mine an "absurdity" of the Left?

I think it has to do with perhaps she tweeted that she didn't want one dollar for DHS but then is saying it is an outrage that DHS employees haven't received their back pay.

I'm sure what was intended was saying not one dollar for the wall but it's not what she tweeted.

Just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Actor Jussie Smollett to be charged for filing a false police report.

The actor told detectives two men attacked him near the lower entrance of a Loews hotel in Chicago, according to police spokesman Guglielmi. Police were told the two men yelled, " 'Empire' fa***t" and "'Empire' n***er,' " while striking him.

In a supplemental interview with authorities, Smollett confirmed media reports that one of the attackers also shouted, "This is MAGA country," a reference to President Donald Trump's "Make America Great Again" campaign slogan.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We've been discussing that in the Angry Violent Right thread. It never passed the sniff test for most (all) of us.

He told the cops he made up the attack to get a better salary on the show.  Dumb.

I haven't ventured into that thread. I just figured with the things he claimed the attackers said that it was a fair example of the angry violent left so I popped it in here. It certainly is no example of the angry violent right.....but discuss it as you wish. I don't think it's worth much for discussion sake either, just an example. Sad part is that the image of him sobbing about it on the talk show circuit will validate itself to those who are so inclined. Even when they hear it was faked, they'll still believe it happens everyday so it will still be real for many.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sad part is that the image of him sobbing about it on the talk show circuit will validate itself to those who are so inclined. Even when they hear it was faked, they'll still believe it happens everyday so it will still be real for many. 

I'm not sure what that means. ACTUAL violence against gays, ACTUAL violence against Blacks does happen every day.  And those crimes are on the rise.

Nobody believes this guy, and there were lots of open skeptics about it from the first report. He's shamed himself and he's going to get what he deserves. Likely written out of his show and shunned by Hollywood for a while.

• Plus1 2