How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

But, he is.

The conditions of these detention centers under Obama and Trump are relatable.... Trump's sexual assault claims? Unless he's down at the border cornering women at the detention centers, it has nothing to do with the topic.

C'mon.  This is why we need the multi-quoted threads back.

You literally came to Dewiz's defense by claiming the lawsuits against Obama.  

Landlord was just pointing out the insignificance of your "yeah, but...".

26 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

This whole “kids in cages” started with the left leaning media outlets passing off photos of kids in cages that supposedly happened under the Trump administration when said photos were taking in 2014 and 2015.  

If you want proof google it, I’m not going to do your homework 

OK, here is what you're talking about:

The Trump administration has often come under scrutiny for using the cages to detain migrants, though a lesser-known detail is that those same cages have been used for years, albeit under different circumstances.

Last summer, for instance, images went viral showing young migrant children lying sprawled on flimsy mattresses, caged behind the metal fencing. Though critics rushed to condemn the Trump administration, it quickly emerged that the images were from 2014, during the Obama administration, and that the children had arrived at the border unaccompanied and were awaiting processing in the facilities.

At the time, the Obama administration had been struggling to manage a major influx in unaccompanied Central American children arriving at the US-Mexico border.

As one former Obama official explained, "We didn't have enough shelter facilities, because we had a huge increase, so kids ended up piling up in Border Patrol lock-ups, which are no places for children."

That's fair. But this is problematic:

"Obama built the cages," Trump responded. "I didn't build them. Obama built them."

That's a lame @ss deflection. He's saying anything he does is fine as long as Obama did it. Which of course is not the case.

I won't pretend to know why the previous administration decided to house children this way. But we know why this one does. They're very open about using fear and family separation and leaving immigrants in deplorable conditions to rot (or, in some cases, sexually abusing them for kicks and giggles) as a deterrent to more immigration.

That's bullsh#t.

• Plus1 2
54 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

But, he is.

The conditions of these detention centers under Obama and Trump are relatable.... Trump's sexual assault claims? Unless he's down at the border cornering women at the detention centers, it has nothing to do with the topic.

How many people died in these camps under Obama? If my count is correct, Trumps admin is up to 27. Including 7 kids. 

Drinking out of toilets? Not able to take shower or brush their teeth? Sleeping on concrete floors with all lights on? Woken up at all hours of the night for no reason? Withheld medication that they brought with them? Called names and shamed? Sexual assaulted?

All this happened under Obama? Prove it.

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

How many people died in these camps under Obama? If my count is correct, Trumps admin is up to 27. Including 7 kids. 

Drinking out of toilets? Not able to take shower or brush their teeth? Sleeping on concrete floors with all lights on? Woken up at all hours of the night for no reason? Withheld medication that they brought with them? Called names and shamed? Sexual assaulted?

All this happened under Obama? Prove it.

They aren't making them drink from toliets. That was disputed via video from an actual ICE agent in Arizona.

2 hours ago, Dewiz said:

I wonder where all of this fake outrage was under the Obama administration? I mean he has deported more illegals than Trump has and these illegals lived under the SAME living conditions through the Obama administration.

BUT since Trump is in office and everyone hates him, let’s (media) make it sound like this JUST started under the Trump administration and that he’s a cruel and ruthless SOB. 

As far as I’m concerned these illegals have a roof over their heads and food in their belly, something that a lot of our own legal homeless people and veterans aren’t fortunate to have. 

this post is simply amazing.  for years the right wing has said the dems are doing nothing to stem immigration and that the liberals want all the illegals here to vote.  now dewiz                         is here saying that obama did more to stop illegals than even the far right hero trump is doing.  believe it or not....obama beat trump on this issue.   lol.    

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Don't. Or do. The truth is, none of us really know what is, or isn't going on down there. There's no way you could unless you've been down there.

AOC was there. And when she was there she said the sink that the ICE agent gets water from in that video was not functional and because of this the people being detained were told to drink from the bowl. Its easy and convenient to make a video after the fact.

26 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

They aren't making them drink from toliets. That was disputed via video from an actual ICE agent in Arizona.

The same ICE agents who post in that racist Facebook page? Or different ones? Do you actually know?

• Plus1 6

54 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Don't. Or do. The truth is, none of us really know what is, or isn't going on down there. There's no way you could unless you've been down there. 

Pool report from Pence's trip down there is pretty grisly. I don't have context for whether this is normal but even if it's typical operating procedure we need to fix it ASAP. This is pretty horrendous.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The detention center in question is in Texas. Not Arizona. 

And you never answered the question. You or dewiz prove that people died and these things happened under Obama. And if it did Ill be the first one to call Obama a POS for letting this garbage happen on his watch. Keeping people detained and the s#!t that is happening under this administration are not the same at all. And the fact that you two defend it because “Obama did it too” is just as sick. 

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

"Yeah, but".... Come on, man. Wtf is that?

If you're going to take issue with whataboutism, take it with the actual person engaging in it:

7 hours ago, Dewiz said:

I wonder where all of this fake outrage was under the Obama administration? 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:23 AM, BigRedBuster said:

The equal pay issue for soccer is not as cut and dried as a lot of people want to make it out to be.  There is nothing wrong with the discussion and I have no problem with the team lobbying for their side.  People who don't think it's an issue and don't want it discussed are just looking like idiots.  

I've tried to read up on the issue and, quite frankly, it's very difficult to get good info all in one spot that's well organized.  It's like reporters who are reporting on it failed the class on data organization or something.

Anyway, the way I see it, there are two parts to this:

A)  What the team gets paid from FIFA when they advance through the tournament and ultimately win.  Right now, the revenue that FIFA makes off of women's soccer is much less than the men's WC.  So, in my mind, it's not out of line that the payouts from FIFA through the tourney would be less for women.  

FIFA revenue from Women's WC 2015 = $73 million = players got 13%

FIFA revenue from Men's WC 2010 = $4 billion = players got 9%

LINK

and....

B)  What the team earns from US Soccer.  The US women's team brings in slightly more money than the men's team.  This is where they should be getting equal or better pay than the men.

2016 - 2018 

US Soccer revenue from women = 50.8 million

US Soccer revenue from men = 49.9 million

But, it's still more complicated than it seems.

LINK

Interesting wrinkle I hadn't thought of.  I heard Megan Rapinhoe this weekend say that it's not the salary that everyone should be focused on.  Its the amount given to the league for misc that you never think of.  Men get far more for coaching staff, transportation, hotel and etc - that they want that to be fair, and that she understands the salary component gets the legs in the press cuz it's easier to understand, their focus is really more on the level.  Requesting equal support for what has for the last number of years a significant difference in performance and outcomes.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1