How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

8 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I didn't vote for him in 2016, and voted for Obama twice, schmuck.

I believe I recall you mentioning that. But while "I'll vote for him again" may not specifically apply to you, sadly, it applies to about 40% of this country.

And that's despite all the corruption, graft, crime, potential crime and racism on overt display these past two-plus years.

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I believe I recall you mentioning that. But while "I'll vote for him again" may not specifically apply to you, sadly, it applies to about 40% of this country.

And that's despite all the corruption, graft, crime, potential crime and racism on overt display these past two-plus years.

Unfortunately, you're correct.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Interesting wrinkle I hadn't thought of.  I heard Megan Rapinhoe this weekend say that it's not the salary that everyone should be focused on.  Its the amount given to the league for misc that you never think of.  Men get far more for coaching staff, transportation, hotel and etc - that they want that to be fair, and that she understands the salary component gets the legs in the press cuz it's easier to understand, their focus is really more on the level.  Requesting equal support for what has for the last number of years a significant difference in performance and outcomes.

That is an interesting twist.  I'll say that if there is any misunderstanding, it's their own mistake on that.  I watched most of the WC and quite a few of their (and other's) interviews where this issue was discussed and this is the first I've heard of the issue being about the money put into supporting the sport and not about how much the players were making.

14 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

The detention center in question is in Texas. Not Arizona. 

And you never answered the question. You or dewiz prove that people died and these things happened under Obama. And if it did Ill be the first one to call Obama a POS for letting this garbage happen on his watch. Keeping people detained and the s#!t that is happening under this administration are not the same at all. And the fact that you two defend it because “Obama did it too” is just as sick. 

Has anyone been proven to have died as a result of their internment under Trump? From what I remember hearing the deaths seemed to be from people who were already ill or physically in bad condition from exposure or dehydration.

6 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Interesting wrinkle I hadn't thought of.  I heard Megan Rapinhoe this weekend say that it's not the salary that everyone should be focused on.  Its the amount given to the league for misc that you never think of.  Men get far more for coaching staff, transportation, hotel and etc - that they want that to be fair, and that she understands the salary component gets the legs in the press cuz it's easier to understand, their focus is really more on the level.  Requesting equal support for what has for the last number of years a significant difference in performance and outcomes.

When you say league you’re referring to the USSF not the NWSL right? I can’t speak on coaches and have stated I believe they deserve better transportation and better practice pitches, but as far as per diems and sponsor appearances why didn’t they negotiate for that in the 2017 CBA? FWIW it used to be equal in 2015 until the men renegotiated. I had assumed the women had dropped that beings the USWNTPA bargained for likeness rights for sponsorships that don’t compete with USSF sponsors. Essentially meaning the women could market themselves.

Also don’t think I would say that. In a similar time frame the men’s side has been playing above their comparable talent level most years. 2017 just makes people forget 2002, 2009, 2010, 2014, and 2016 ever happened.

11 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Has anyone been proven to have died as a result of their internment under Trump? From what I remember hearing the deaths seemed to be from people who were already ill or physically in bad condition from exposure or dehydration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/06/23/opinion/trump-migrants-camps.amp.html

They all died in US custody. Which means they didnt receive the help they needed when they arrived if indeed this was the case. Of course the conditions didnt help at all either. The article says no child died in the last 10 years in CBP custody, so no, this s#!t didnt happen under Obama. 

• Thanks 3
7 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

When you say league you’re referring to the USSF not the NWSL right? I can’t speak on coaches and have stated I believe they deserve better transportation and better practice pitches, but as far as per diems and sponsor appearances why didn’t they negotiate for that in the 2017 CBA? FWIW it used to be equal in 2015 until the men renegotiated. I had assumed the women had dropped that beings the USWNTPA bargained for likeness rights for sponsorships that don’t compete with USSF sponsors. Essentially meaning the women could market themselves.

Also don’t think I would say that. In a similar time frame the men’s side has been playing above their comparable talent level most years. 2017 just makes people forget 2002, 2009, 2010, 2014, and 2016 ever happened.

I agree...it is the players (or agents) job to get them the best deal...not for the heads of the sport to give them the best deal.  Just like it is with every other business in the world.

I have a buddy that was telling me how his wife and her co-worker made a sweet deal...there were 3 of them working in this office, one left and the position was going to be filled...well the other two went and chatted up HR and said "Don't fill the position, we will take on the work of that third lady and just give us her salary" well the company was happy to do it...but if they did ask for it and push for it, they would not have got it.

I have tons of proof that both Republicans and Democrats have been inconsistent on the issue of immigration, detention, and deportation over the years.

That being said, there is currently a border crisis that goes beyond our standard immigration policy to involve a refugee/asylum situation that's shared by many other countries around the globe. It is never an easy situation but it does go to character. 

While there might be debate over what exactly is taking place inside those detention centers, chances of it being better than we were led to believe are slim. Chances of it being genuinely horrifying are high. I also haven't seen a convincing denial that private companies run by Trump friends and appointees aren't profiting from the willful cruelty --- at taxpayer expense. At which point I don't give a f#&% what Barack Obama did.

And given that the President behind the current policy opened his campaign by painting Mexican immigrants as murderer and rapists — and only got worse from there — you're kinda stuck with your worst assumptions.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/06/23/opinion/trump-migrants-camps.amp.html

They all died in US custody. Which means they didnt receive the help they needed when they arrived if indeed this was the case. Of course the conditions didnt help at all either. The article says no child died in the last 10 years in CBP custody, so no, this s#!t didnt happen under Obama. 

I'm just trying to make sure you're arguing from an honest position. Using the deaths, as you are fully aware of, is for shock value. If somebody ends up in a detention center in the later stages cancer and they die there that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the fault of the detention center. Same with a heart attack. Similar to the person who died of dehydration and the flu. The context matter, even if the conditions are deplorable.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

I'm just trying to make sure you're arguing from an honest position. Using the deaths, as you are fully aware of, is for shock value. If somebody ends up in a detention center in the later stages cancer and they die there that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the fault of the detention center. Same with a heart attack. Similar to the person who died of dehydration and the flu. The context matter, even if the conditions are deplorable.

It is if they received the full medical care we're capable of giving them, or they were in late-stage cancer, or whatever. How sure are you that this is the case?

Dehydration is pretty easy to treat with an IV. Was the person who died of dehydration given IV fluids?

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

It is if they received the full medical care we're capable of giving them, or they were in late-stage cancer, or whatever. How sure are you that this is the case?

Dehydration is pretty easy to treat with an IV. Was the person who died of dehydration given IV fluids?

All I am saying is that as far as I know we don't know the facts surrounding their deaths, and to throw the numbers out there without knowing the background doesn't seem to be a good emotional appeal to me either.

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

All I am saying is that as far as I know we don't know the facts surrounding their deaths, and to throw the numbers out there without knowing the background doesn't seem to be a good emotional appeal to me either.

We know they were in our care and they died. We know that Trump thinks they are people from "s#!thole" countries and we know he's said some overtly racist things.

We know Democrat lawmakers went to these facilities and were appalled. We know the unnecessary and cruel practice of separating families is ongoing, and that the children are suffering.

We can extrapolate motive and intent from all this - or at least rule out benevolence on the part of those holding them.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Can’t believe CNN aired this...they got pwned

they keep inviting those same trump supporters.   they are all trump activists.  of course they will defend trump.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2019/07/17/CNN-hosted-panel-of-Trumps-female-supporters-to-discuss-his-racist-tweets-without-revealin/224247

While CNN depicted the panel as a random focus group of Republican women who support Trump, the network failed to disclose that two of them are members of the Texas Women for Trump Coalition, a group that defended Trump in media appearances after an Access Hollywood tape revealed lewd comments he had made about women. Another member of the group is the national director of Trumpettes for America, which Crooks and Liars called “a network of socialites who work to gin up support for Trump in the media.” 

• Thanks 1