How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

6 minutes ago, Landlord said:

This thread is actually a great microcosm of one of my least favorite things about progressives and moderates/independents. You can try to start a conversation about something other than how much of a dips#!t Trump is or how morally bankrupt the GOP is, for once, and it will immediately get submarined back into "yeah, but, the Republicans" and then devolve into people purposefully mischaracterizing each other and having an anal retentive attitude towards someone else's word choice, the words they didn't choose, errors/omissions, etc. and then go into this tennis match of, "No, I didn't say that, so stop saying ________" or, "Please provide a link for such claim" back and forth and back and forth and over and over again.

Another least favorite thing of mine towards the left is the over-obsession with identity politics and reverse oppression olympics hierarchies. Which I tried to open up an opportunity for conversation towards in here. But, you know, that's not as fun as using everything as an opportunity to s#!t on conservatives I guess.

Not sure where this is coming from.

The discussion for most of the thread has been about a freshman Democrat congresswoman who said something stupid.  That was pretty much run through the course, and ever since it's been a discussion about a Republican media hack challenging her to a debate and when she ignored him....it's viewed as a negative on her....for which, it was pointed out that she should ignore him because he's nothing more than a media whore and if she should be completely 100% knowledgable about all issues and how to create policy around them on the first day.

So...not quite following the highjacking you're trying to do with the thread.

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The discussion for most of the thread has been about a freshman Democrat congresswoman who said something stupid.  That was pretty much run through the course, and ever since it's been a discussion about a Republican media hack challenging her to a debate

ok

what do either of those things have to do with the radical left? 

9 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm certainly not against that, and I'm certainly not against bringing youth into the room either. There's a narrative out there that the disdain for her from the right is because she's a young, minority woman. I'm not sure that's fair considering how far Left her political stances are. 

This is true, but she does come across a little lost in the interviews I've seen. I think she knows exactly what she wants, and is well versed in what she believes in. Outside of that? I don't know. She confidently said the military received a $700 billion budget increase, when that number is actually their total budget, and went on to say the military didn't ask for it. Which was also untrue. In the same interview she claimed "everyone" is working two jobs, when in reality it's 5% of the working class.

I saw a video on youtube that said politicians speak in terms of 10 years. So when she said 700 billion she meant 700 billion over 10 years. So 70 billion per year which i believe was the increase in budget. 

AOC is a progressive. It's definitely on the left side of the spectrum, but this isn't the nut job Far Left that some are trying to label it. 

I'm trying to think of the Left's equivalent of InfoWars or even Breitbart. Can't think of any who've been granted White House press credentials. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

AOC is a progressive. It's definitely on the left side of the spectrum, but this isn't the nut job Far Left that some are trying to label it. 

I'm trying to think of the Left's equivalent of InfoWars or even Breitbart. Can't think of any who've been granted White House press credentials. 

There isn't one that gets enough attention for me to know the name of it. I'm sure they're out there, by they don't have the followers those do.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Jimmy Dore is flirting with the weird conspiratorial left somewhat similar to InfoWars (but not even close to the extreme InfoWars has gone to).

EDIT: Dore doesn't have WH press credentials though.

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The discussion for most of the thread has been about a freshman Democrat congresswoman who said something stupid.  That was pretty much run through the course, and ever since it's been a discussion about a Republican media hack challenging her to a debate

17 hours ago, Landlord said:

ok

what do either of those things have to do with the radical left? 

Both Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ben Shapiro were brought up by the OP.  In his own thread. I suppose you should ask him?