Jump to content
B.B. Hemingway

How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How exactly is she a “real leader” more so than other members of Congress?

I would say by doing what you said she shouldn't be doing.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fru said:

 

Additionally, most of AOC's platform consists of policies that have been enacted and been successful in other first world countries. 

Yeah but this is only the United States of America you can't expect this government to be on par with a juggernaut nation like Finland.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s a strange indication of a leader to me. 

 

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

She should not be the one with major influence in policy decisions other than her vote and obviously her ability to speak up in debates on the house floor.

 

So an indication of a leader to you is someone that DOESN'T influence policy but merely keeps quiet and votes?  And in addition, she was ELECTED to be the leader of her district.  Not to just follow along.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

 

 

So an indication of a leader to you is someone that DOESN'T influence policy but merely keeps quiet and votes?  And in addition, she was ELECTED to be the leader of her district.  Not to just follow along.

 

 

 

Formulating policy without knowing the facts about issues and how various policies affect Americans....isn't a leader.

 

You're saying a "real leader" is one that gets out on TV shows to talk about policy...without all the facts and uses social media to blast out stuff without any filter is a true leader.

 

Hmmmm....I've heard this song before.

 

Typically, I would say the jury is still out on if she is a true leader.  Getting results in congress with real legislation that positively affects peoples lives is a true leader.  She hasn't accomplished that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

How exactly is she a “real leader” more so than other members of Congress?

 

48 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I would say by doing what you said she shouldn't be doing.

 

 

Incompetence disguised as trailblazing.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

Formulating policy without knowing the facts about issues and how various policies affect Americans....isn't a leader.

 

You're saying a "real leader" is one that gets out on TV shows to talk about policy...without all the facts and uses social media to blast out stuff without any filter is a true leader.

 

Hmmmm....I've heard this song before.

 

Typically, I would say the jury is still out on if she is a true leader.  Getting results in congress with real legislation that positively affects peoples lives is a true leader.  She hasn't accomplished that yet.

 

What evidence do you have that she doesn't know the facts of any policy she is formulating.  What evidence do you have that ANYONE does?

 

How many votes does she have to cast before she is permitted to push policy?  

 

 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

 

 

Incompetence disguised as trailblazing.

Your opinion of her doesn't mean she can't be or isn't a leader.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

 

What evidence do you have that she doesn't know the facts of any policy she is formulating.  What evidence do you have that ANYONE does?

 

How many votes does she have to cast before she is permitted to push policy?  

 

 

 

The world is going to end in 12 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

 

 

Incompetence disguised as trailblazing.

Tell that to the 50+ million who voted for Trump.  I surely hope you weren't one of them.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

The world is going to end in 12 years.

Do you REALLY believe she thinks that the earth's population is going to go extinct in 12 years or do you think it was a gaffe in the interview?  Please be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Do you REALLY believe she thinks that the earth's population is going to go extinct in 12 years or do you think it was a gaffe in the interview?  Please be honest.

I'm tired of politicians making "gaffes" in interviews as they are trying to be alarmist.  Know the facts and stop trying to be alarmist on issues.  Much of America is adult enough to actually have a conversation with the facts if the politicians actually allow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm tired of politicians making "gaffes" in interviews as they are trying to be alarmist.  Know the facts and stop trying to be alarmist on issues.  Much of America is adult enough to actually have a conversation with the facts if the politicians actually allow it.

I understand the want for politicians to speak 100% without error 100% of the time.  It's just not reasonable.

 

Here's what she was talking about.  It doesn't mean she "doesn't know the facts."  It means she misspoke regarding the facts she read. 

 

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/08/global-warming-must-not-exceed-15c-warns-landmark-un-report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, wiby_NU said:

Tell that to the 50+ million who voted for Trump.  I surely hope you weren't one of them.

 

I was not.

 

 

28 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Your opinion of her doesn't mean she can't be or isn't a leader.

 

Correct. She surely isn't anywhere close to that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...