How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

Just now, Waldo said:

This is awesome. The media is so obsessed with hot takes. As long as individuals can weather the initial storm, they are golden. Virginia had a weird couple of weeks back there. 

The Babylon Bee isn't "the media." It's satire, like The Onion or Mad Magazine.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

The statement is what I was asserting to be true, not the source. 

Ah. Well, you're probably right on that one. Trump has proven that time and again, and now other politicians are taking that page from his playbook. Just deny everything and ride it out.

• 2 weeks later...

37 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I say sketchy because I grew up skateboarding. Never knew the racist undercurrents of my sick gnar shredding upbringing.

Man after reading through some of the rest of her tweets she's almost a parody account :lol:

I see accounts like this all the time and after seeing a dozen or so tweets like the above, I'll stop and say "Wait, this is a joke right?" 

2 hours ago, Fru said:

I see accounts like this all the time and after seeing a dozen or so tweets like the above, I'll stop and say "Wait, this is a joke right?" 

As I was scrolling through some of her tweets I had to think for a moment to be sure it wasn't actually a parody account. Reason being, Titania McGrath, which is a parody/satire account, sounds remarkably similar at times:

• 4 months later...
45 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I took a couple Economics courses in college, I wonder if they need me to come explain that disparity away for them?

There’s nothing wrong with finding out whether they’re paid fairly based on the revenue they produce. I believe the latter is what you’re getting at and I agree, the pay should be based on the revenue brought in. 

But this is brought about by soccer, obviously, and the women’s team has generated more revenue from its games in the past 3 years. That was something I didn’t realize until recently - I thought the lawsuit was stupid because I assumed they generated less revenue. 

The sponsorship deals are done in a bundle so those can’t be separated, but Nike says the women’s jerseys are breaking records for both men’s and women’s soccer jersey sales.

Additionally, 2 women’s soccer games have each brought in more TV viewership than any U.S. men’s soccer game in history, due to their playing in the World Cup. And their getting to the World Cup is an accomplishment that is part of the equation, not something that should be minimized when comparing the 2. If the women play better against their competition, and due to that generate more revenue, that matters in deciding whether to pay them more. If the men ever make it that far their pay should be increased.

Also, if this topic is about all national sports teams, another piece of the conversation should be that men’s and women’s figure skaters make the same amount, even though the women generate more revenue. 

• Thanks 1