How far Left, could a Leftist Left, if a Leftist could Left, Left.

8 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

I wonder where all of this fake outrage was under the Obama administration? I mean he has deported more illegals than Trump has and these illegals lived under the SAME living conditions through the Obama administration.

BUT since Trump is in office and everyone hates him, let’s (media) make it sound like this JUST started under the Trump administration and that he’s a cruel and ruthless SOB. 

As far as I’m concerned these illegals have a roof over their heads and food in their belly, something that a lot of our own legal homeless people and veterans aren’t fortunate to have. 

Trump deserves almost every criticism he's received, but yes, his stance on our southern border and how to handle illegal immigration isn't so different from where Obama stood, and some of the things Obama said on the subject. It's politicized. Individuals' reactions to these policies vary on whether their party is in charge or not. Obama told people to stay away from the border and that they would be sent back.... *Crickets*.... And we all know the upheaval that's going on now.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

They did, but they defaced it, as well as hanging up a Mexican flag.

They also raised the Mexican flag to the same height as the American flag, which is not OK on American soil (though obviously the least of their transgressions).

Well, that I won't support.

I would support our nation finding a set of values that actually appreciates human dignity.  But I won't hold my breath at ICE centers under the current administration...

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

I wonder where all of this fake outrage was under the Obama administration? I mean he has deported more illegals than Trump has

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Obama told people to stay away from the border and that they would be sent back.... *Crickets*.... 

I'm not sure I understand where these 2 comments are coming from. I haven't heard much about people being mad that illegal immigrants caught at the border are being deported, during either administration.

• Plus1 1

@Dewiz @B.B. Hemingway

You're both wrong on the merits. Factually incorrect to compare the Trump immigration doctrine to the Obama one, at least insofar as caging and detention of migrants are concerned.

Find me proof of human rights abuses of immigrants under the Obama administration and I'll believe you. Until then you both just have your facts mixed up because you're speaking from a place of partisanship.

• Plus1 4
30 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

I wonder where all of this fake outrage was under the Obama administration? I mean he has deported more illegals than Trump has and these illegals lived under the SAME living conditions through the Obama administration.

BUT since Trump is in office and everyone hates him, let’s (media) make it sound like this JUST started under the Trump administration and that he’s a cruel and ruthless SOB. 

As far as I’m concerned these illegals have a roof over their heads and food in their belly, something that a lot of our own legal homeless people and veterans aren’t fortunate to have. 

I'll be honest with you. Nobody paid attention under Obama, because when you have someone who seems competent at their job and a decent enough guy you don't go looking for every misstep and character defect they might have. 

• Plus1 4

17 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

@Dewiz @B.B. Hemingway

You're both wrong on the merits. Factually incorrect to compare the Trump immigration doctrine to the Obama one, at least insofar as caging and detention of migrants are concerned.

Find me proof of human rights abuses of immigrants under the Obama administration and I'll believe you. Until then you both just have your facts mixed up because you're speaking from a place of partisanship.

There was a lawsuit against the Obama administration for mistreatment, and "appalling conditions" at the border detention centers.... How's that?

43 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

What metrics are you using?

Not trying to prove a point, just offering up for reading (never mind the source, focus on the numbers) https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/13/politics/obama-trump-deportations-illegal-immigration/index.html

9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There was a lawsuit against the Obama administration for mistreatment, and "appalling conditions" at the border detention centers.... How's that?

There's been at least 27 lawsuits filed against Trump for sexual assault. So what?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

There's been at least 27 lawsuits filed against Trump for sexual assault. So what?

"Yeah, but".... Come on, man. Wtf is that? You think the people in living in those conditions in Obama's detention centers cared how many sexual assault lawsuits were filed against Trump? 

Trump is a piece of s#!t. Most of us agree on that much.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

"Yeah, but".... Come on, man. Wtf is that? You think the people in living in those conditions in Obama's detention centers cared how many sexual assault lawsuits were filed against Trump? 

Trump is a piece of s#!t. Most of us agree on that much.

Landlord isn't the one claiming "yeah, but..." here.

Maybe the one good thing a Trump presidency can bring is a focus on how the U.S. treats it's migrant detainees, and continues to do so.  Maybe we could agree it is unacceptable and grow from it.  Just maybe we can admit that Bush, or Clinton, or Bush, or Obama, or Trump is wrong.  Just maybe we could hope for better rather than to admittedly accept gross conditions like we are

And I also hope for homeless support.

I also hope for veteran support.

I also hope for non-violent criminal education.

I also hope for a strong military and options for service members.

I also hope for support for 9/11 first responders.

We can do this at the same time.  To say otherwise is a slap in the face to "American Exceptionalism".

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Landlord isn't the one claiming "yeah, but..." here.

But, he is.

The conditions of these detention centers under Obama and Trump are relatable.... Trump's sexual assault claims? Unless he's down at the border cornering women at the detention centers, it has nothing to do with the topic.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Dewiz said:

hard to believe that you admitted that obama actually deported illegals.   the official trump doctrine is that obama and the dems did nothing but have open borders.   

41 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

@Dewiz @B.B. Hemingway

This whole “kids in cages” started with the left leaning media outlets passing off photos of kids in cages that supposedly happened under the Trump administration when said photos were taking in 2014 and 2015. 

If you want proof google it, I’m not going to do your homework

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1