Nebrasketball Game #16 - Penn State: Thursday, January 10 - 8:00 (ESPN2)

What will the game result be?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Penn State single digit win
    • Penn State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2019 at 08:06 PM

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

To be fair, Morrow gets 14 minutes for a ranked team.  At 6.1 ppg and 4.4 rpg (his current numbers), he'd be our sixth-leading scorer and third-leading rebounder.  He averaged 9.4 ppg and 7.5 rpg his last year here (23 mpg) which would be our fifth-leading scorer and leading rebounder.  So I think he could be helping us out, even if it was just in the 17-18 mpg range.

Jacobson is the leading rebounder and second-leading scorer for a ranked team despite getting the fifth-most minutes.  Not too shabby.

If Morrow and Jacobson would have stayed this team would go from being a good team with no depth to a conference title contender with a lot of depth.  They could play 8 deep without a lot of drop off.

Morrow left because he saw himself as a wing player and not an undersized power forward, which I never understood, because he never showed that type of a shooting ability.  He is a banger and is basically filling that role for Marquette. Nebraska could really use his 7-8 rebounds a game.  

I think Jacobson left because he saw himself going from being a starter to a bench player with the addition of Palmer and Copeland to the lineup.  Which I get and he is having a good season with ISU.  

• Plus1 1

By the way, Watson's beat-the-shot-clock, throw-it-up, quintuple-bounce three finding the bottom of the net with just over two minutes to go was a HUGE break for the Huskers.  Pushed the lead from 1 to 4 and gave us a cushion the rest of the way.  We had a two-possession lead most of the rest of the game - would have only been a 2-3 point lead most of that without that shot.  Much different feel.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I did not expect this kind of game.  Miles clearly knew what a big game this was for the team.  I have to say that right now, if you are a Husker basketball fan, you need to change your thinking from "What seed do you think they will get in the dance" to "there is something wrong"

I think the biggest problem is that Copeland & Palmer don't give a lot of effort on the defensive end if their offense is off.  Copeland has looked lost on the defensive end the last couple of games.

4 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I think the biggest problem is that Copeland & Palmer don't give a lot of effort on the defensive end if their offense is off.  Copeland has looked lost on the defensive end the last couple of games.

I feel like Copeland might be wearing down...dude has been through a lot with his body.

Palmer, like someone said, sort of seems to check out when he doesn't get a call or doesn't hit some shots early, I don't know if that is true but it would make sense given what we see on the court at times.

I do think next year will look a bit like a crime scene...

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I feel like Copeland might be wearing down...dude has been through a lot with his body.

Palmer, like someone said, sort of seems to check out when he doesn't get a call or doesn't hit some shots early, I don't know if that is true but it would make sense given what we see on the court at times.

I do think next year will look a bit like a crime scene...

Copeland may be wearing down.  His three point shot has looked a little flatter lately & it always looks kind of flat.  That probably means more minutes for Heiman or more of Nana at the 4 (or both).

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

By the way, Watson's beat-the-shot-clock, throw-it-up, quintuple-bounce three finding the bottom of the net with just over two minutes to go was a HUGE break for the Huskers.  Pushed the lead from 1 to 4 and gave us a cushion the rest of the way.  We had a two-possession lead most of the rest of the game - would have only been a 2-3 point lead most of that without that shot.  Much different feel.

Good point, however i believe the early banked 3 by PSU guy that ended up making several more was a bigger deal.  He seemed to be a low% / low qty guy that feed off that shot and had a solid game for them.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I did not expect this kind of game.  Miles clearly knew what a big game this was for the team.  I have to say that right now, if you are a Husker basketball fan, you need to change your thinking from "What seed do you think they will get in the dance" to "there is something wrong"

"there is something wrong" was two players that can provide depth were sick and the team was on a losing streak that has sucked most of their confidence out.  as of now NU is still a "what seed do you think they will get in the dance" (team).

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

"there is something wrong" was two players that can provide depth were sick and the team was on a losing streak that has sucked most of their confidence out.  as of now NU is still a "what seed do you think they will get in the dance" (team).

Maybe...but it was PSU...at home.  It isn't like NU was tired and PSU made some amazing comeback.  PSU played with them the entire game...Also...the bench guys for NU are horrible.

20 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

10th in the BIG.....this team has a lot to prove...and you can see exactly where. There's more wrong than sick bench players.