Which Schools are "Blue Blood" Programs?

Mavric

Blue Bloods  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, huskered17 said:

It would be interesting to see what this list would look like 30 yrs from now. Could be flipped, with maybe 2 or 3 of today's top 10, still in the top 10.

GBR!!!

IDK if it would change that much. The current top 8 are pretty much the same top 8 from 30 years ago. I suppose that is kind of implied in the blue blood moniker, long term greatness not short term flashes in the pan. Probably would take 40 or 50 consecutive years of sustained good or bad to change this list, imo. I can see some of those programs eventually getting into the club but I think it would take a lot, even more than our 20 year slide, to fall out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, bazinga22 said:

Is blueblood status gained through history? do you see Boise State gaining blueblood status if they continuing winning like this into 2100 and beyond they have had only 5 losing seasons in football.And are they the group of 5 team most likely to gain blueblood status

Boise State is not a blue blood. They haven't even won a championship

10 hours ago, bazinga22 said:

Is blueblood status gained through history? do you see Boise State gaining blueblood status if they continuing winning like this into 2100 and beyond they have had only 5 losing seasons in football.And are they the group of 5 team most likely to gain blueblood status

And Wisconsin?

• Plus1 2

I do think Harsin and Chryst at BSU and Wisconsin are really good coaches.If you ever read the fanboards of BSU especially few of their negative nancies want him fired after 3 top 25 finishes in 5 years almost 80 percent winning percentage crazy fans? he's gone 12-2,9-4,10-3,11-3 and 10-3 in his 5 years

• 2 months later...