Nebrasketball Game #18 - Michigan State: Thursday, January 17 - 7:00 (FS1)

Mavric

What will the game result be?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Michigan State single digit win
    • Michigan State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2019 at 01:17 AM

12 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

So does the one on ESPN.  It also shows that we had 16 offensive rebounds to their 10.  It appears that 4 of the 16 were "team" rebounds where it was fumbled out of bounds off of MSU.  In fact NU had 8 "team" rebounds - 4 offensive & 4 defensive.  That probably explains the 8 rebound difference.

I believe they also give "team" rebounds when the first of two free throws is missed.

Which, to me, while kind of making sense is also kind of odd.

17 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

So does the one on ESPN.  It also shows that we had 16 offensive rebounds to their 10.  It appears that 4 of the 16 were "team" rebounds where it was fumbled out of bounds off of MSU.  In fact NU had 8 "team" rebounds - 4 offensive & 4 defensive.  That probably explains the 8 rebound difference.

I'm sure that is the difference. My Score app only lists player stats and I had to add them up, so the "team" rebounds would not be accounted for. MSU apparently had 42 real rebounds and 0 team while we were gifted 8. Helps explain why it looked like we weren't doing such a great job but the stats indicated differently.

47 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm sure that is the difference. My Score app only lists player stats and I had to add them up, so the "team" rebounds would not be accounted for. MSU apparently had 42 real rebounds and 0 team while we were gifted 8. Helps explain why it looked like we weren't doing such a great job but the stats indicated differently.

Yeah, if that's the case then we got out-rebounded by pretty much the same amount we have in several recent games.  Even though MSU is usually a good rebounding team, getting out-rebounded by 30% is ..... not a good trend.