Nebrasketball Game #18 - Michigan State: Thursday, January 17 - 7:00 (FS1)

Mavric

What will the game result be?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Michigan State single digit win
    • Michigan State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2019 at 01:17 AM

6 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I'm getting a bad feeling about this game.

Miles teams seem to play fairly well when the crowd is hyped. 

The Vault is a tough place to play... Mid-week game.... Michigan State is going to have to come out and play with emotion or face a tough hill to climb.

That being said, they are really good so I dont know what to expect but I actually think it will be entertaining and stressful. 

From espn today  

Isaiah Roby: The modern big

Top 100 ranking: No. 34

A potential breakout candidate coming into the season, Roby spurned a slow start and is finally turning the corner for Nebraska. Over his past five games, the versatile 6-8 junior is averaging 15.8 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.2 blocks and 1.4 assists in 30.2 minutes while going 6 of 11 from 3 during that stretch.The late bloomer -- a 6-2 point guard (and quarterback) as a freshman in high school -- hadn't had much high-level experience before landing in the Big Ten, and he has understandably taken time to develop both his body and confidence.

Most recently pouring in 22 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks against Penn State, Roby is starting to string together the type of performances scouts wanted to see coming into the season. At 220 pounds with a 7-2 wingspan and the agility of a perimeter player, Roby is a highly-intriguing outside-the-box 4/5 who can switch everything, protect the rim, space the floor with given time and space, and even initiate offense. Nebraska regularly allows Roby to bring the ball upcourt, even off made baskets. He's not a flashy passer, but he makes the right read more often than not and can also play out of dribble handoffs or pocket passes.

"I think I see myself as a point forward," Roby told ESPN. "I'm comfortable sharing the ball, making plays. My vision is one of my best assets so I can definitely see myself being that in the future." It's Roby's shooting that has opened up the floor for him lately. He started the season far too reluctant from the perimeter, hoisting only four triples in his first 5 games. He's looking far more confident now. Offensively, he can function as a grab-and-go, playmaking forward or a small-ball center who can short roll or attack off handoffs. Showing those elements of his game more consistently is an emphasis for him

"Sometimes I get kind of complacent out there and that hurts the team and hurts myself," Roby said. "I feel like when I'm playing aggressive that's when we're at our best and that's when I'm at my best, too."

For all his intrigue on defense, Roby still lacks a degree of consistency in terms of toughness and physicality -- important improvement areas considering his somewhat narrow frame. Should he decide to leave the Huskers, he could earn first-round interest given his modern fit.

• Plus1 2