Duval's S&C - Year 2

suh_fan93

That machine he is working out on, the t-bar, we had one of those at the college where I went, and you could sure tell the difference on that lift between the farm kids who were used to unloading and stacking two semi trucks of square bales, and the city kids. The city boys did reps of 15 and the farm boys could have measured their sets in minutes instead of reps. Really though that was about the only lift you could tell a difference , or maybe the 12 oz. curls

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Hopefully our guys are in better shape this year and nobody gets rhabdomyolysis. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/second-oregon-player-sues-school-taggart-ncaa-200420435--spt.html

rhabdo started getting some attention among the wildland firefighting community too in the last ten years.  

I really think if you train right it shouldn't be an issue.  It is caused by a sudden spike of protein in the blood that shuts down the kidneys.  That protein is coming from destroyed muscle tissue.  Either take a break once in awhile or build up to those workouts.  This is football, not running up a mountain to get away from a Grizzly three days in a row.  Football is anaerobic.  >2:1 rest to work ratio should keep you out of trouble.

Up the water if you are hitting the supplements hard, like creatine.

If you ever smell ammonia when you work out, time for a few carbs and some water .

• Plus1 1

I'm excited to see Caleb Tannor and MW after a full off season of S&C. Both were late arrivals who didn't get any of it last year.

I hope MW's work also helps prevent future hits like this one at the 1:27 mark. I've watched this play over and over again and I'm still shocked at how much MW got rocked. Looks like a big part of it was he just peeled off at the end thinking he was going to be clear into the end zone, though.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm excited to see Caleb Tannor and MW after a full off season of S&C. Both were late arrivals who didn't get any of it last year.

I hope MW's work also helps prevent future hits like this one at the 1:27 mark. I've watched this play over and over again and I'm still shocked at how much MW got rocked. Looks like a big part of it was he just peeled off at the end thinking he was going to be clear into the end zone, though.

Don't worry. Stanley is gone, so he can't block defenders so aggressively that they get drove through our RBs anymore. :laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Honetly I think it had to do with physics. Stan 200 pounds+ defender ~200 pounds hitting 175 pound Washington at speed. 

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

He will get stronger...however I think this is a poor example to illustrate.

His momentum was already carrying him to the corner and the defender hit him on his backside shoulder.  MW had no momentum in the direction opposing the hit...might as well have been standing still.  Try it at home....stand there and let someone lay their body into one of your shoulders front side.  Let me know how it goes.

• Plus1 1