Duval's S&C - Year 2

suh_fan93

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen near as much marketing of the team during winter conditioning this year as I did in 2018 but I think that is probably a good thing overall. It could signal a movement into things that matter a bit more. Sort of like yeah... it's great to see you getting (figuratively) murdered in the weight room... but if you get blown off the ball against Iowa in November then that video in January suddenly seems not so cool.

I love seeing fresh content as much as the next fan but I think a quiet, hard-working winter is probably for the best.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I haven't seen near as much marketing of the team during winter conditioning this year as I did in 2018 but I think that is probably a good thing overall. It could signal a movement into things that matter a bit more. Sort of like yeah... it's great to see you getting (figuratively) murdered in the weight room... but if you get blown off the ball against Iowa in November then that video in January suddenly seems not so cool.

I love seeing fresh content as much as the next fan but I think a quiet, hard-working winter is probably for the best.

I agree. The S&C updates and the hype last offseason was what we needed in order to keep up the excitement for Frost's inaugural year. It was chum in the water. We didn't really have anything else to grab ahold of at the time. The marketing machine was running hard all throughout new years day up and worked us all into a frenzy up until the stunning blue-balls moment of the Akron game. That level of hype for an incoming coach can really only happen once.

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Makes me wonder if they will go the UCF weekly video of "the program" like they did in 2017 or just stick to a blue collar, lunchpale, no media coverage approach.