Duval's S&C - Year 2

suh_fan93

I will say,  been out a few years, but my last years at UNL were still under Mike Riley. I saw football players lifting at the rec multiple times. I don't buy it for a second that they were forced to use it. Maybe it was just closer to their dorms, they wanted to get some extra work in, blow a little steam off, get a break from being around the team? 

But watching D1 football players lift next to Joey who decided to put the XBox controller down long enough to hit the rec for a little bit was pretty comical. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

I will say,  been out a few years, but my last years at UNL were still under Mike Riley. I saw football players lifting at the rec multiple times. I don't buy it for a second that they were forced to use it. Maybe it was just closer to their dorms, they wanted to get some extra work in, blow a little steam off, get a break from being around the team? 

But watching D1 football players lift next to Joey who decided to put the XBox controller down long enough to hit the rec for a little bit was pretty comical. 

I'd have to read the report again but it was something to that effect.  I'm not sure it was absolutely no lifting but there have been a lot of reports from a lot of sources saying it was limited.  Some combination of times lifted, amount lifted, etc.  So this report was that guys who were still wanting to lift more/more often would go to the rec to lift.  It seems pretty plausible from all we've heard.

1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

It was definitely different than the S&C under the Pelini administration...

in which I played football players in the university intramural flag-football league... 

Walking on to a field and seeing the other team has Imani Cross at RB was discouraging. 

I was stupid enough to challenge some of the volleyball team to a match in the rec center the years Sarah Pavin was in school. I was scared for my life the first time she actually let a swing rip when I wouldn't stop running my mouth.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3