Duval's S&C - Year 2

suh_fan93

On 3/1/2019 at 5:39 PM, lo country said:

If our S&C was that poor under Riley and Co, the gains Duval mentions would not be unreasonable.  Go from basically un-trained to trained over 12 months.  Throw in nutrition, trainers, peer pressure etc.....And being 18-22.....

The condition MR left this team in ...:facepalm:

• Plus1 2

Tony Tuioti on Initial Impressions, Coaching Philosophy and More

Tuioti hasn’t been in Lincoln long but he is very impressed with head strength and conditioning coach Zach Duval. 

“I’m very impressed. Coach Duval is an awesome guy. He’s the only strength coach that I’ve seen with position coaches. He stays in our room. He’s in our position meeting rooms. He’s in all of our drills. I’ve never had that before where a strength coach is that much involved. That just tells me how much he’s involved with the players. I can see already the growth from 2018 to 2019. I know just talking with him and Coach Frost that we aren’t where we want to be with the size and strength but I know in time we will get there.” 

0036391-wkey-1280X720.jpg

• Plus1 1

Have you guys ever thought about how our defense doesn't really go up against an offense during practice time that resembles Wisconsin's & Iowa's? No disrespect to our offensive line/tight ends, but I'd say that measuring the strength of our defensive front seven probably can't be accurately done quite yet against our own offense in practice.

I think we'll know against Colorado how much progress has really been made there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1