Duval's S&C - Year 2

suh_fan93

13 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Maybe those guys just need the chance to prove themselves, but the defense is trending down and they need it to be excellent to contend with top 15 teams. 

I’ve posted these numbers before, but it’s telling how much they’ve benefited from schedule since Nebraska joined in 2011. Below are number of games against the Top 4 East schools since 2011. Record against in parenthesis.

PSU 5 (1-4) Last win in 2011. 1 CCG meeting.

MSU 4 (2-2) One meeting since 2012. 1 CCG meeting.

OSU 6 (0-6) 2 CCG meeting

MICH 3 (1-2). Didn’t play from 2010-2016.

Total - 18 games (4-14). 14 Regular Season Games.

For comparison, here is Nebraska.

PSU  4 (3-1)

MSU 6 (4-2)

OSU  5 (1-4)

MICH 4 (2-2)

Total - 19 games (10-9), 19 Regular Season Games

Wisconsin does play against 3 such opponents this year before returning to only Michigan in 2020. 

Wisconsin has been a division bully, and props to them for an outstanding  division record, but they’ve struggled against the better teams in the East, and they don’t even bother OOC. As this financial windfall has kicked in allowing the division access to better coaches, support staff, facilities and the like, it raises the competitive level. This has to be seen as a concern for Wisconsin.

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, brophog said:

I’ve posted these numbers before, but it’s telling how much they’ve benefited from schedule since Nebraska joined in 2011. Below are number of games against the Top 4 East schools since 2011. Record against in parenthesis.

PSU 5 (1-4) Last win in 2011. 1 CCG meeting.

MSU 4 (2-2) One meeting since 2012. 1 CCG meeting.

OSU 6 (0-6) 2 CCG meeting

MICH 3 (1-2). Didn’t play from 2010-2016.

Total - 18 games (4-14). 14 Regular Season Games.

For comparison, here is Nebraska.

PSU  4 (3-1)

MSU 6 (4-2)

OSU  5 (1-4)

MICH 4 (2-2)

Total - 19 games (10-9), 19 Regular Season Games

Wisconsin does play against 3 such opponents this year before returning to only Michigan in 2020. 

Wisconsin has been a division bully, and props to them for an outstanding  division record, but they’ve struggled against the better teams in the East, and they don’t even bother OOC. As this financial windfall has kicked in allowing the division access to better coaches, support staff, facilities and the like, it raises the competitive level. This has to be seen as a concern for Wisconsin.

I agree for the cross games, but they have won 12 of the last 14 vs Iowa and Nebraska combined, which is embarrassing. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I agree for the cross games, but they have won 12 of the last 14 vs Iowa and Nebraska combined, which is embarrassing. 

Yes, exactly. Now part of that span goes back to when it was the "Legends & Leaders" divisions, but yeah - they have dominated the West...not that there's been much to dominate. 

But their national pretender status came about because of weak cross-divisional scheduling, with as mentioned above ends this season. 

• 1 month later...

21 hours ago, FaithfulHusker said:

This kid has made some pretty fascinating progress with his body in a short time frame. The Nelson from state championship game to even spring game had made some pretty remarkable muscle gains. Dude looks like he'll have the B1G body he needs in short order.

It's also time for me to submit my first real critique of this coaching staff, and it's really bugging me. Specifically, to Duval...

Bro, we need at least 15-20 videos like this PER DAY. Don't let us down.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

This kid has made some pretty fascinating progress with his body in a short time frame. The Nelson from state championship game to even spring game had made some pretty remarkable muscle gains. Dude looks like he'll have the B1G body he needs in short order.

It's also time for me to submit my first real critique of this coaching staff, and it's really bugging me. Specifically, to Duval...

Bro, we need at least 15-20 videos like this PER DAY. Don't let us down.

This x 10000000

I also wish that video of Nelson started about 3 seconds earlier so we don't just see him do 1 rep and rack the weights, but I supposed beggars (me) can't be choosers