Duval's S&C - Year 2

suh_fan93

54 minutes ago, Huskr25 said:

I'm gonna go ahead and trust Duval on this one. When you get the position of S&C coach then I'll take your word over his

What part of my posts earlier did you not understand when I said I am okay with them? 

I just am not okay with players saying they can squat X amount and its not a legit sguat. 

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

What part of my posts earlier did you not understand when I said I am okay with them? 

I just am not okay with players saying they can squat X amount and its not a legit sguat. 

They are constantly asked how much they’re lifting by reporters. It’s not like they are bragging about it. What do you expect them to say? “Well the angle of my knees to hips was 10% so it wasn’t quite parallel but I lifted 8 plates.” I mean, that’s silly. They are answering the question they’re asked.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

They are constantly asked how much they’re lifting by reporters. It’s not like they are bragging about it. What do you expect them to say? “Well the angle of my knees to hips was 10% so it wasn’t quite parallel but I lifted 8 plates.” I mean, that’s silly. They are answering the question they’re asked.

My thoughts exactly. And hey if that's what a squat is to them, then that's what it is. And from what I can tell they pretty much do full squats. So idk what all this 1/4 squat talk is. Do you expect them to ruin their knees and have their a$$ touch the floor? Noooo thank you

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Who in the actual f#&% cares how they do the squats?  As far as I'm concerned, they can lift cement weights shaped like head-less Pteranodons tied to their ears if it means more football wins, and Duval knows how to train players to get more football wins.

All I care about.

You had me at Pteranodons

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-clemson-s-big-flex-under-dabo-can/article_83549ee3-6a86-546a-a2cd-bb2ec430597e.html

Considering Nebraska was the gold standard in S&C forever it's so sad how far we fell. Glad to have Duval and Frost on the same page in bringing back Husker Power! 

It's actually pathetic how far behind we have fallen in terms of facilities. I hope we build something that has Clemson coming to look at it in a few years. 

• Plus1 2
  • 3 months later...