Duval's S&C - Year 2

suh_fan93

20 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

This sounds like an incomplete story.  What happened after 5 days, could you still walk or did your legs fall off?

Aliens came and stole them from me. They did, however, give me a pair of legs that weren't sore and stronger than the old ones

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

it seems the fans need to hear some good news beyond 4 -8 is not the same as 4-8 and the eye test suggests the team is much improved.  

No we don't.

11 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Fans need something to talk about and something to really hold on to as they try to stay positive and encouraged for the future.  

No we don't.

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...

On 1/1/2019 at 7:04 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

Maybe I've just missed the information but where is the 'sports information' from the Athletic Department anymore?   I have fully expected and impatiently been waiting for the raw data / numbers on the team (the basic weights, measures, times, etc) for the testing and development from last year and hopefully we'll see the numbers from pre-winter conditioning testing for the upcoming season.   They may be taking some time off although since we didn't have any bowl prep or formal practices since late November, I would assume the players have been hitting the conditioning, lifting, etc some since then and ought to be going full bore shortly.   The team - reportedly - made some good progress in year one of Duval, etal strength and conditioning although all I ever heard were generalized statements of 'the team is in much better shape' and such.   Where are the hard numbers such as players weights, lifts, times, indexes, etc?    It may well be that the numbers were bad, they opted to keep it secret so as to not encourage the opposition but on the other hand it seems the fans need to hear some good news beyond 4 -8 is not the same as 4-8 and the eye test suggests the team is much improved.   

Who is the SID by the way?    We used to hear from him in interviews, public statements, etc.   Has Duval or Epley been interviewed recently?   If they don't want to release individual data, they can surely put together some team averages, body fat % s, etc etc etc.   Fans need something to talk about and something to really hold on to as they try to stay positive and encouraged for the future.     I know I am far away in upstate NY(so info is limited). but still I would expect something to ponder and actually discuss and read about 

Ya know, back in the day when we didn't have to worry about it we didn't get bi-weekly updates blowing sunshine about how the team was progressing. That didn't start until our strength and conditioning were crap. Personally, I'd just as soon not hear about it but rather simply see it on fall Saturdays.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ya know, back in the day when we didn't have to worry about it we didn't get bi-weekly updates blowing sunshine about how the team was progressing. That didn't start until our strength and conditioning we're crap. Personally, I'd just as soon not hear about it but rather simply see it on fall Saturdays.

I'd prefer if other teams didn't have access to the details.

• Fire 1