OLB Tyler Martin [Arizona - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

25 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Martin Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

His rating didn't tank.  247 changed how they group recruits.  They used to be separated into OLB and ILB but now they are all combined together.  247 had him lower-rated than Rivals.  His Composite rating did go down but not by much.

I know they combined that but I feel like he was ranked in the 30s at his position previously by 247. Now he is 101. I think the dropped. 

1 minute ago, Decked said:

I know they combined that but I feel like he was ranked in the 30s at his position previously by 247. Now he is 101. I think the dropped. 

You might think it dropped but it didn't.  There were just more OLBs than ILB.

They also re-grouped the Class of 2020.  But for 2019, there were 43 ILBs rated higher than 85 (Martin's current rating on 247).  There were 73 OLBs rated higher than 85.  When they get combined it pushes the ILBs down a lot farther than it pushes the OLBs.

• Fire 2
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You might think it dropped but it didn't.  There were just more OLBs than ILB.

They also re-grouped the Class of 2020.  But for 2019, there were 43 ILBs rated higher than 85 (Martin's current rating on 247).  There were 73 OLBs rated higher than 85.  When they get combined it pushes the ILBs down a lot farther than it pushes the OLBs.

Heard 

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Ranking tanked. Now the 101st ranked LB in his class (mid three star). 

He runs with his mouth open.  It looks like he is thinking he is gonna try to fake you out using his mouth.  Go watch his video ... what a hoot.  

Couldn't imagine this guy as a LB at all.  He looks like a slow DL/OL guy to me.

32 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

He runs with his mouth open.  It looks like he is thinking he is gonna try to fake you out using his mouth.  Go watch his video ... what a hoot.  

Couldn't imagine this guy as a LB at all.  He looks like a slow DL/OL guy to me.

I wonder if he could put on enough good weight to be a DE.

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

DE?  I don't see DE when I watch him at all.  Looks like he wraps really well and is a sure tackler.  Also love that he says he's loved football since he was in the 2nd grade and knew that it was his sport early on.  This is the kind of guy you want at ILB.

I don't think there's anything to that other than BigRedN insisting that the sky is falling everywhere he looks.

• Plus1 6

8 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

DE?  I don't see DE when I watch him at all.  Looks like he wraps really well and is a sure tackler.  Also love that he says he's loved football since he was in the 2nd grade and knew that it was his sport early on.  This is the kind of guy you want at ILB.

I wasn't saying that.  I said he "looks like a slow DE/OL" guy.  Might have read into that at all.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't think there's anything to that other than BigRedN insisting that the sky is falling everywhere he looks.

Mavric ... I think you are "leaking" a bit here sir.  Nice to see you are human though bro.  Appreciate you.  

I just thought he looks slow and "weighty" a bit.  Seems to have heavy, slow legs to me.  Just my mind speaking what my eyes see.  

By no means is the sky falling in my view.  I simply am not all that impressed with this guy.

Just now, BigRedN said:

Mavric ... I think you are "leaking" a bit here sir.  Nice to see you are human though bro.  Appreciate you.  

I just thought he looks slow and "weighty" a bit.  Seems to have heavy, slow legs to me.  Just my mind speaking what my eyes see.  

By no means is the sky falling in my view.  I simply am not all that impressed with this guy.

The sky is falling for you everywhere.  You post history makes that abundantly clear.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Tyler Martin [Arizona - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Tyler Martin [Arizona Commit]