Spider-Man: Far From Home (Endgame spoilers)

On 5/6/2019 at 12:36 PM, Cdog923 said:

I'm going to call my shot and say that Mysterio is pulling one over on Spidey. I'm also going to call that it's not Nick Fury, but Chameleon, and they are working their way towards the Sinister 6. 

Watching the trailer a few more times, I suspect the same thing.  I also want to believe that Goblin and both Osborn's will be the main villain over a multiple movie story arc.   Stark tower is now Oscorp and we can see Sinister Six in the climax of the arc and maybe the way to bring in FF4/Xmen with the theory that the world being exposed gamma radiation multiple times from the 3 snaps activates the X mutation gene and explains why the X-Men were not available during the past 10 years.   Also, FF4 origin could be built around Reed and crew being sent on a space mission after the first snap to try and find Thanos and being exposed on that mission and also why they weren't around.

• 1 month later...

On 5/6/2019 at 10:10 AM, Enhance said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of it either. Based on my limited understanding of the comics, Mysterio is a special effects guy with a desire to "one-up" Spider-Man, but he has no real special powers. He just fakes stuff. He's one of Spider-Man's greatest foes. It looks like they're setting Mysterio up to be a protagonist but I don't think that's going to be the case. I think he'll be the main bad guy.

Mysterio ("Quentin Beck") could just use what he's heard about the multiverse (since it sort of plays a role in Endgame) to craft a fake story about being from Earth in another 'dimension.' I don't know enough about Mysterio's motivations though for why he would want to do something like that to such a scale, but it could fit.

Spoiler for Far From Home

Spoiler

Called it to the point I now question if you are a time traveler.

• Plus1 1
On 5/7/2019 at 9:47 AM, Cdog923 said:

Ok! Endgame shows the Avengers traveling through time to assemble their own Infinity Gauntlet to undo Thanos' snap. They do this, bringing back everyone that Thanos erased, Spidey included (the scene where he meets up with Iron Man after coming back got awful dusty in my theater).

I don’t know who Thanos is but he seems popular. 

Had a lot of fun watching the new Spider-Man flick, even though the first 15-20 minutes seem like a bit of a mess writing wise and there are a few moments of massive exposition dumps that I feel could have been handled better. But it's a fun flick, and Tom Holland is a star.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, Cdog923 said:

Sony would be smart to re-up their deal with Disney; Spidey has never been done better than in this partnership, and Marvel clearly knows better how to use the character than Sony does. They've been trying to set the Sinister 6 up for years now, and would be wise to let Marvel do the heavy lifting. 

This is the news I’ve been dreading.  Hopefully Sony and Disney get their heads out of their asses and make a new deal happen.   The biggest losers will be the fans of Spider-Man and MCU.   And Tom Holland is the perfect actor to grow with Spidey.   Very sad to think they are close to ending this relationship.   

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

There's too much money to be made, especially for Sony, a company that.... doesn't really make any money. This is stupid, but it won't last. They'll cave. 

This. Word 'round the campfire is that Disney wants to split the costs and profits 50-50 (which I almost guarantee is a bargaining tactic), and get Feige a producer's credit (which he should have had ages ago). This isn't quite done yet.