Spider-Man: Far From Home (Endgame spoilers)

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hmmm... Not sure about that.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of it either. Based on my limited understanding of the comics, Mysterio is a special effects guy with a desire to "one-up" Spider-Man, but he has no real special powers. He just fakes stuff. He's one of Spider-Man's greatest foes. It looks like they're setting Mysterio up to be a protagonist but I don't think that's going to be the case. I think he'll be the main bad guy.

Mysterio ("Quentin Beck") could just use what he's heard about the multiverse (since it sort of plays a role in Endgame) to craft a fake story about being from Earth in another 'dimension.' I don't know enough about Mysterio's motivations though for why he would want to do something like that to such a scale, but it could fit.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Endgame spoilers included:

Hide contents

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of it either. Mysterio (based on the comics) is a special effects guy with a desire to "one-up" Spiderman, but he has no real special powers. He just fakes stuff. He's one of Spider-Man's greatest foes. It looks like they're setting Mysterio up to be a protagonist but I don't think that's going to be the case. I think he'll be the main bad guy.

Mysterio ("Quentin Beck") could just use what he's heard about the multiverse (since it sort of plays a role in Endgame) to craft a fake story about being from Earth in another 'dimension.' I don't know enough about Mysterio's motivations though for why he would want to do something like that to such a scale, but it could fit.

Spoiler

I think it'll be a classic role reversal where Mysterio is on Peter's side at first and then turn into an antagonist either at the end of this movie or they'll set it up for later movies.

34 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm going to call my shot and say that Mysterio is pulling one over on Spidey. I'm also going to call that it's not Nick Fury, but Chameleon, and they are working their way towards the Sinister 6. 

I was just coming to say, I wonder if they are going to preview the Sinister 6*.  And regardless of which dimension, Mysterio has always been an adversary.   There has to be a 'shock twist' to the non-comic book guys because it makes no sense to have Mysterio be a hero.

Also, I find it curious and exciting that they are implying that SpiderMan will be the face of Marvel (replacing IM) going forward.   Wonder how that will work with Sony still owning his rights and the deal with Disney is almost up.   

*Also under rights with Sony, so they may not end up in MCU.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, sho said:

I was just coming to say, I wonder if they are going to preview the Sinister 6*.  And regardless of which dimension, Mysterio has always been an adversary.   There has to be a 'shock twist' to the non-comic book guys because it makes no sense to have Mysterio be a hero.

Also, I find it curious and exciting that they are implying that SpiderMan will be the face of Marvel (replacing IM) going forward.   Wonder how that will work with Sony still owning his rights and the deal with Disney is almost up.   

*Also under rights with Sony, so they may not end up in MCU.

Sony would be smart to re-up their deal with Disney; Spidey has never been done better than in this partnership, and Marvel clearly knows better how to use the character than Sony does. They've been trying to set the Sinister 6 up for years now, and would be wise to let Marvel do the heavy lifting. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I’m about 25 superhero movies behind, but I saw that Spider-man died in the last Avengers movie.

Why is he alive now?

33 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Endgame essentially reverses Thanos' culling.

How spoiled for Endgame do you want to be? 

42 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

How spoiled for Endgame do you want to be? 

I don’t really care I just wanted to know about Spider Man. Chances are I’ll be 90 by the time I get around to watching it for the first time and by then I’ll forget the spoilers.

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t really care I just wanted to know about Spider Man. Chances are I’ll be 90 by the time I get around to watching it for the first time and by then I’ll forget the spoilers.

Ok! Endgame shows the Avengers traveling through time to assemble their own Infinity Gauntlet to undo Thanos' snap. They do this, bringing back everyone that Thanos erased, Spidey included (the scene where he meets up with Iron Man after coming back got awful dusty in my theater).