WR Latrell Neville

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Neville Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

This will be a nice pull for Lubick....was he hurt last year though? Only had like 292 yards and 2 TD. 

According to his HS coach he got to school late and had added way too much weight (because recruiters wanted him to). Supposedly reshaped his body since then. 

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

According to his HS coach he got to school late and had added way too much weight (because recruiters wanted him to). Supposedly reshaped his body since then. 

I think it has more to do with the late transfer than the weight.

Look at his sophomore film and compare it to his junior tape. Last year, he was asked to run short and intermediate routes exclusively. Hightower's two top receivers both caught a majority of their passes under 10 yards. That's a scheme choice to spread and take quick yards. Maybe his late arrival made them just plug him into the slot there? Maybe he wasn't in the best of shape? Maybe his quarterback couldn't deliver on time down field?

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, The_Fan_Man said:

Look at his sophomore film and compare it to his junior tape. Last year, he was asked to run short and intermediate routes exclusively. Hightower's two top receivers both caught a majority of their passes under 10 yards. That's a scheme choice to spread and take quick yards. Maybe his late arrival made them just plug him into the slot there? Maybe he wasn't in the best of shape? Maybe his quarterback couldn't deliver on time down field?

Good....so he has experience running both deep and short routes.

1 hour ago, The_Fan_Man said:

Could be, I was just provided with what his coach is quoted saying. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Could be, I was just provided with what his coach is quoted saying. 

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you and I appreciate you relaying that information to the board. I think the coach saying that he came in a bit bulky at 215 lbs is more of a way to avoid criticizing his quarterback's limitations than a reflection on Neville's physical abilities last August.

Also depends as an outside receiver if you are running at the x spot vs the z.

X Wr's  run deeper routes.  They are most often trying to beat jams off of the LOS.  They will average larger ypc numbers but the trade off is they will have fewer catches.

Z spot will get a lot more catches but there ypc will be much shorter.   They are working combination routes with slots and TE's along with screens and stuff like that.   I agree scheme figures into this which also is tied into how good your Qb's arm is.   How good the line is.  Etc etc. 

2 hours ago, The_Fan_Man said:

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you and I appreciate you relaying that information to the board. I think the coach saying that he came in a bit bulky at 215 lbs is more of a way to avoid criticizing his quarterback's limitations than a reflection on Neville's physical abilities last August.

No worries, didn't take it as directed at me. I pretty much fully agree with you. 

22 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

Also depends as an outside receiver if you are running at the x spot vs the z.

X Wr's  run deeper routes.  They are most often trying to beat jams off of the LOS.  They will average larger ypc numbers but the trade off is they will have fewer catches.

Z spot will get a lot more catches but there ypc will be much shorter.   They are working combination routes with slots and TE's along with screens and stuff like that.   I agree scheme figures into this which also is tied into how good your Qb's arm is.   How good the line is.  Etc etc. 

This is a great explanation.....and thank you for using the word fewer appropriately instead of the word less. I don't have many pet peeves but this is one!

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

This is a great explanation.....and thank you for using the word fewer appropriately instead of the word less. I don't have many pet peeves but this is one!

Don't deserve it as I screwed up their/there.  I struggle with grammer because of a lack of coherent thinking.   I probably spent 10 minutes trying to determine how to describe ypc.   Shorter/Longer?  or Larger/Smaller?    I ended up mixing them!  

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Latrell Neville
  • Mavric pinned this topic