Brexit Plan Gets Drubbed in Parliament, Teresa May now having to defend against "No Confidence" vote

48 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That country is going to hell quicker than this one.

Idk mate... Was there last year and in many ways it's better than this country. Many ways it's also not. Many ways it's the same. The influx of culture I saw was mostly good. People of different ethnicities all over, excellent ethnic food, everyone generally getting along. Do cops like to police all areas of South side Chicago? How about the burned down neighborhoods in Detroit?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Amazing that her historic incompetence is still not enough for change. Getting likely that the UK gets booted from the EU and that will finally be the end of May and the conservative government.

I'm not sure it was incompetence....though, I don't think she has done necessarily a great job.

I think she was tasked to do something (Brexit) that the voters voted for.  She and a lot in Parliament know it's not a good idea.  But, that's what the voters wanted.  It's an extremely difficult thing to do without negative consequences.  The people who want Brexit, want it without any of the bad stuff that comes with it.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I think a good point to remember is that there are people in all nations that are susceptible to "fake news"....

They suffer from the same things we do here.  Disinformation on social media using scare tactics to outrage idiots and news corp.

The English speaking world should come together and break up news corp and disallow any foreign entity from owning any stake in content delivery/broadcasting/reporting.  We'd all be better for it.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Misleading? How so? I have a friend that lives in the UK, and she says the heavy flow of immigration is crippling just about every government related program the UK has. And then there is the influx of Sharia Law safe zones, especially in England. Something like 80% of the Muslims in the country live off the government.... That country is going to hell quicker than this one. 

1. Our country isn't going to hell because of immigrants. I know you weren't saying that, but I'm just throwing it out there. Our immigration situation is vastly different from theirs.

2.  Here is a list of various lies told by both campaigns leading up to the Brexit referendum.  Obviously blame is to be shared, but IMO the Leave side was less honest in pushing for votes. They also overspent during the campaign and generally did an awful job with their financial filings and disclosure, and coordinated with other Leave campaings which is apparently a no-no.

I'm not saying their immigration laws don't need tweaked. That's for them to take care of. I'm merely pointing out the Leave campaign was consistently dishonest about the ramifications and need for Brexit.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

1. Our country isn't going to hell because of immigrants. I know you weren't saying that, but I'm just throwing it out there. Our immigration situation is vastly different from theirs.

2.  Here is a list of various lies told by both campaigns leading up to the Brexit referendum.  Obviously blame is to be shared, but IMO the Leave side was less honest in pushing for votes. They also overspent during the campaign and generally did an awful job with their financial filings and disclosure, and coordinated with other Leave campaings which is apparently a no-no.

I'm not saying their immigration laws don't need tweaked. That's for them to take care of. I'm merely pointing out the Leave campaign was consistently dishonest about the ramifications and need for Brexit.

I think people in the UK have every right to fear the Islamic community (and I know they're not the only people migrating there). While it may be just the fringe of the Islamic religion that carries out violent attacks, it's certainly more than the outliers who have ideals that conflict with our own (free speech, women's rights, Sharia law etc.) As Bill Maher puts it, we're at a war of ideas with them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I think people in the UK have every right to fear the Islamic community (and I know they're not the only people migrating there). While it may be just the fringe of the Islamic religion that carries out violent attacks, it's certainly more than the outliers who have ideals that conflict with our own (free speech, women's rights, Sharia law etc.) As Bill Maher puts it, we're at a war of ideas with them. 

Except a majority of Muslims in the western world don't believe in those things you fear. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
12 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

And if we fear Islam, then we're losing the war on ideas.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
16 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Using B. B.'s "logic", we should fear and shun the white, male, Christian evangelical community, and it's perfectly acceptable to do so.

After all, this community is responsible for more acts of terrorism in the United States than Muslims, they've shown disdain for free speech and women's rights, and they would much rather police themselves than use government institutions (e.g. Judicial system) to instruct them on what to do. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Using B. B.'s "logic", we should fear and shun the white, male, Christian evangelical community, and it's perfectly acceptable to do so.

After all, this community is responsible for more acts of terrorism in the United States than Muslims, they've shown disdain for free speech and women's rights, and they would much rather police themselves than use government institutions (e.g. Judicial system) to instruct them on what to do. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

#you'vebeeneyeTrolled

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Pretty much confirmation that we're spot on with our assessment then. 

:lol::facepalm: Not hardly. Some of us lead a busy life, and don't have time to run to the keyboard every time we're "quoted" on a message board.

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You should be able to challenge ideas without being labeled a racist, and the Quran and Hadith are full of them. 

If you actually believe in the 21st century that Christianity is more of a threat to people's lives, women's rights, and civilized society, compared to the Islamic faith, than you are at the very least a delusional apologist. 

This has nothing to do with race (lest you've forgotten, Islam is a religion), and everything to do with ideas. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

:lol::facepalm: Not hardly. Some of us lead a busy life, and don't have time to run to the keyboard every time we're "quoted" on a message board.

You should be able to challenge ideas without being labeled a racist, and the Quran and Hadith are full of them. 

If you actually believe in the 21st century that Christianity is more of a threat to people's lives, women's rights, and civilized society, compared to the Islamic faith, than you are at the very least a delusional apologist. 

This has nothing to do with race (lest you've forgotten, Islam is a religion), and everything to do with ideas. 

I don't think Vector was saying Christianity was a threat to people's lives.

What was said was; white, male, Christian evangelicals were the threat specifically.

• Thanks 1