What is your opinion on this?

4 hours ago, Roxy15 said:

teachercd your reply made me laugh in a “good way”  and I enjoyed reading the rest except for Ulty’s comment.  If you don’t like my posts Ulty, then don’t read them, it is simple as that.

@Ulty's comment had nothing to do with liking the topic or not. It's good netiquette to make topic titles that say what the topic is about. Think of it like reading a newspaper. You wouldn't want all the articles to be titled "You should read this."

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

@Ulty's comment had nothing to do with liking the topic or not. It's good netiquette to make topic titles that say what the topic is about. Think of it like reading a newspaper. You wouldn't want all the articles to be titled "You should read this."

Who on here doesn't like giving their opinion? It's not that big of a deal.There was good response from a variety of people.

12 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Who on here doesn't like giving their opinion? It's not that big of a deal.There was good response from a variety of people.

If this was the only topic like this that had been made, I doubt anyone would have commented. There are 10+ others just like it. And no one said it was a big deal.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

If this was the only topic like this that had been made, I doubt anyone would have commented. There are 10+ others just like it. And no one said it was a big deal.

There have been topics like this before, but they are buried so deep no one would find it. Today perhaps some people who didn't see the one 2 or 3 years ago had a chance to comment and they did.

14 hours ago, Roxy15 said:

teachercd your reply made me laugh in a “good way”  and I enjoyed reading the rest except for Ulty’s comment.  If you don’t like my posts Ulty, then don’t read them, it is simple as that.

Sorry Roxy, not trying to be mean, and no one is attacking you. But you have a tendency to start numerous threads with titles that are not at all descriptive of the subject matter. Additionally, many threads can be better suited as a post in an ongoing thread so it can be part of the conversation with other posters who are already discussing the same topic. Imagine opening up Huskerboard and every thread was titled "What is your opinion on this?" or "going to do this" or "OMG you won't believe this!"... The board would be unusable because no one would know what the specific topics are. As Moiraine mentioned, this is an issue of message board etiquette.

You come off as a very nice person, so I am quite sure your lapses of etiquette are unintentional. So I thought it would be a good idea to bring it to your attention so you are aware. I thought this would help you and help the board. It is not a personal attack by any means. I figure you would not want to be rude to others, even on accident, so it is fair to bring this up to you in order to improve the quality of discussion and help keep the board somewhat organized and user-friendly. :) 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

Thx Ulty I appreciate what you said and it was “classy”.  I regret even starting that thread and I post videos to lighten everyone up and that “includes” me!  I will try and be more “etiquette” from now on

Have a good day Ulty! Again you showed class and I thank you!

• Plus1 2