How long will it last?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now they’re exploring alternative venues: As we reported earlier, White House officials say they are hesitant to hold a campaign style rally because they realize it’s not formal enough to look like the traditional speech. And there's a recognition it's harder to keep Trump on message during a rally, where he often feeds off the crowd, versus a more formal address. 

Officials also noted that networks rarely carry the rallies live. 

From cnn.com

The networks damn well better not give it more attention than they do a rally, no matter how formal it looks.

CNN is also calling Pelosi's move unprecedented, but the first unprecedented move is a shutdown this long, and a shutdown over something this unbelievably stupid. And Trump has made many unprecedented moves by not attending things the presidents before him attended.

The goal isn't to build some nonsensical wall. The chaos is the goal. 

Trump has no intention of negotiating, and seems unable to do what he's most famous for: make a deal.

If Trump was interested in making a deal he'd be inviting Pelosi over to talk. Instead, he's bunkering down.  He's not a dealmaker, he's a puppet sowing discord for his master.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The goal isn't to build some nonsensical wall. The chaos is the goal. 

Trump has no intention of negotiating, and seems unable to do what he's most famous for: make a deal.

If Trump was interested in making a deal he'd be inviting Pelosi over to talk. Instead, he's bunkering down.  He's not a dealmaker, he's a puppet sowing discord for his master.

I hear what you're saying, and I largely agree with you, but Pelosi and Co. could end this pretty easily as well.

• Fire 1

What a great precedent that would set. The president wants something, and just shuts down government until he gets it from congress.

Think of the power you're giving the president with that kind of thinking. Think of a liberal president who wants to ram major tax reform down your throat. It's OK if they shut everything down until they get their way?  And the GOP is supposed to cave and give it to them? 

• Plus1 3
Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I hear what you're saying, and I largely agree with you, but Pelosi and Co. could end this pretty easily as well.

Neither side wants to end it unless it is on their terms.  It is sad when you remember that they are "educated" adults that can't figure this out, well, they can figure it out but they refuse to do so at the moment.  

Trump isn't against fixing the border...he is against it not be HIS way.  The democrats are not against a wall, they are against HIS wall.  It is Stubborn 101 and both sides have Masters degrees.

I am a simple and selfish person, as most of us are, if I was not getting paid right now I would be pissed.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

What a great precedent that would set. The president wants something, and just shuts down government until he gets it from congress.

Think of the power you're giving the president with that kind of thinking. Think of a liberal president who wants to ram major tax reform down your throat. It's OK if they shut everything down until they get their way?  And the GOP is supposed to cave and give it to them? 

At some point, those government employees need to start getting a paycheck. But, yes. You're right.