How long will it last?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Listen, it's not fair to you and we all get that,"  "But this is so much bigger than any one person. It is a little bit of pain but it's going to be for the future of our country. And their children and their grandchildren and generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice right now."---Lara Trump

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

"Listen, it's not fair to you and we all get that,"  "But this is so much bigger than any one person. It is a little bit of pain but it's going to be for the future of our country. And their children and their grandchildren and generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice right now."---Lara Trump

Wait, you mean to tell me she wasn't talking about climate change? 

• Plus1 4

Just now, Moiraine said:

Does that mean it’s going to shutdown again after 3 weeks if they don’t come up with something?

I suppose it does.  But the silver lining is that hopefully the furloughed workers can get their back pay and another paycheck or 2 before it happens.  It's not great.  But he's slowly starting to fold.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I suppose it does.  But the silver lining is that hopefully the furloughed workers can get their back pay and another paycheck or 2 before it happens.  It's not great.  But he's slowly starting to fold.

That was my thought too. At least they can get a chunk of $.

As to what the Democrats should do - I still think they should demand a lot in return if they vote for the dumb idea (aka the wall). DACA should be made permanent, for starters. 

Otherwise, they should never agree to it.

• Plus1 3
Just now, Moiraine said:

That was my thought too. At least they can get a chunk of $.

As to what the Democrats should do - I still think they should demand a lot in return if they vote for the dumb idea (aka the wall). DACA should be made permanent, for starters. 

Otherwise, they should never agree to it.

The funding for border security has been in every House bill since Democrats got the majority.  I do not want anyone to vote in favor of an additional $5.7B for a 50' concrete wall that will end up costing even more.  I don't care what is offered in return.

• Plus1 3
33 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The funding for border security has been in every House bill since Democrats got the majority.  I do not want anyone to vote in favor of an additional $5.7B for a 50' concrete wall that will end up costing even more.  I don't care what is offered in return.

I would agree with that with one caveat.  

I would be fine spending 5.7 billion on a worthless wall if permanent citizenship for DACA recipients and greatly improved immigration policy was in place making it easier for people to become citizens was part of the deal.

In other words....there is no bill that is actually going to come forward that I would feel comfortable saying right now I would accept that includes the wall.

39 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

There are probably things that would make it worth it. I just don’t know what those are. I would prefer if the Republicans stop bending over for Trump.

• Plus1 1