JUCO OLB Soni Fonua [LSU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

30 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Fonua Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

If we get two out of those first three — Mao highly likely — that would be a great success. So far with Frost, verses Osborne, Scott seems to finish stronger, where as Dr Tom seemed to come up a little short at the end, even with some of his better classes. But it’s possible we go one and three this time around, but I feel like two out of three, with the possibly we get all of them. Stay tune. 

11 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

If we get two out of those first three — Mao highly likely — that would be a great success. So far with Frost, verses Osborne, Scott seems to finish stronger, where as Dr Tom seemed to come up a little short at the end, even with some of his better classes. But it’s possible we go one and three this time around, but I feel like two out of three, with the possibly we get all of them. Stay tune. 

Whoever is confused with my reply, I get that. Sorry. I am just pointing out there are no guarantees which way it will go — there are four ways this could go. I just feel like two out of three is the most likely — my opinion of course. Heck, Mao might surprise everyone and go to USC, and we go zero out of three. But Mao seems likely N and we get one of the other two. Yes, of course I want all three.

7 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Whoever is confused with my reply, I get that. Sorry. I am just pointing out there are no guarantees which way it will go — there are four ways this could go. I just feel like two out of three is the most likely — my opinion of course. Heck, Mao might surprise everyone and go to USC, and we go zero out of three. But Mao seems likely N and we get one of the other two. Yes, of course I want all three.

You followed recruiting in the 70s,80s and 90s? 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You followed recruiting in the 70s,80s and 90s? 

Yes I did follow recruiting those years. If you disagree with me, fine. Go ahead and state the facts I am missing if you think I am wrong. I remember, especially in the ‘80s and the ‘90s, missing on some of those big recruits that went down to the wire and when it was between us and one other college — near misses. But Dr Tom still has some excellent classes regardless. In the ‘70s, I do remember the talent level with Osborne’s teams wasn’t quite as good, as that especially showed against Oklahoma. We started recruiting better in the ‘80s, and we won five out of 10 against OU. And then Dr Tom turned it up a notch on recruiting in the 90s, which produced Osborne’s most dominant teams on both sides of the ball.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

My guess is the order is:

1a. Parker    1b. Jordan     1c. Fonua

2a. Njoku     2b. Houston

3. Pola Mao

4. Starks

5. Bivens

I'd put it like this

If Starks doesn't want in, I wonder if they'd try to take both Parker and Jordan (with Njoku and Pola Mao) to help the OLB room.

I doubt it, but you never know. Probably more likely that they'd let Bivens commit.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I'd put it like this

If Starks doesn't want in, I wonder if they'd try to take both Parker and Jordan (with Njoku and Pola Mao) to help the OLB room.

I doubt it, but you never know. Probably more likely that they'd let Bivens commit.

Yeah. That is pretty much what I had. I just forgot about Jordan. 

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I would put Pola Mao at #1 on the list if these lists are who we will give a scholarship to and not just who we’d prefer.

If we made a promise to Pola-Gates, I don’t think we’re gonna break it. I think if Pola Mao wants N he’s N. 

Pola Mao > Soni Fonua 

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO OLB Soni Fonua [LSU - Signed LOI]