Nebrasketball Game #19 - @ Rutgers: Monday, January 21 - 7:00 (BTN)

Mavric

What will the game result be?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Rutgers single digit win
    • Rutgers double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/23/2019 at 02:31 AM

One point that I haven't seen addressed much (possibly because there is such an overwhelming plethora of other glaring weaknesses), is the utter lack of court leadership.

Generally this would fall, by default, to the seniors, but this particular group of seniors just doesn't seem to possess the requisite characteristics necessary.

Copeland is too quiet, Palmer is too casual and Watson is too enigmatic. Next in line would be Robey, but he seems spiraling on regression. This is not a knock on these kids, just an observation about their mental makeup. I firmly believe that if we had a strong, decisive, tone-setting player willing to command (even with a touch of anger)  on the court, this group would not look so rudderless when negative circumstances occur (especially away from the comforting womb of the Vault). JMHO  

• Plus1 2

After watching them lose a 13 and 8 point lead and then Rutgers drained a 3 to take the lead in the 2nd early on, thought “I’ve seen this before” and turned it off.

Jumped on Call of Duty Blackout, played 5 duo games with my brother and won 2 of them so I made the right decision hahaha

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

We played really ugly and dumb tonight. By losing this game we backed ourselves into a corner for the season making the next 2 home games must-win if we want to have any post season hopes. Such a frustrating team. We had the media talking about how good we are, and how high of a seed in the tourney we would be. Now they are rightfully questioning that. The effort and play against Michigan State looked promising while our play against Penn St. and Rutgers was very troubling. We need to respond and get things turned around or it's going to be a season of missed potential. SO FRUSTRATING

I can honestly tell you that is the most frustrated I have ever been watching a game of Basketball.

Rutgers is pure flaming garbage and yet we somehow let them win. I could go on this major rant but its all been said. 

I will say this, and let me start by saying this isnt a fair blanket statement but I think it is valid in some situations.

If you build your team on Transfer players, you better expect games like this where you lack leadership. Guys transfer for a reason and I think one of the reasons is because they couldnt cut it elsewhere and werent willing to do the work to make it. 

James Palmer gave up last night. He quit on this team the same way he quit on Miami. I believe he is a leader but he shut down. He looked apathetic. He was missing free throws. 

Who was leading that team last night? It surely wasnt Watson, or Copeland, or Roby. I would expect Watson to be our floor general but he just wasnt and so Palmer took that role and it didnt happen. 

I believe this team is still a tournament team. When they play as a unit, they are really freaking good. But man when they suck, they REALLLLY suck. 

I am still firmly on the bandwagon and I think they will get a few big wins still... but we need Palmer to start playing better. His numbers are deceiving. 

We need Roby to actually figure it out.

I guess I lied at the top.. I did go on a rant, and I apologize. I just am sick of it. 

• Plus1 3