Rex Burkhead

I am I

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was rooting for the Chiefs, but I can't bring myself to hate the Patriots.

They're just a great football team.  

I feel the same.  If they win it all again so be it.  They deserve it and Brady literally has ice in his veins and seems to know no pressure.  

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Per the previous comment about the Boston area these kind of comments don't surprise me at all either.  Not saying all Pats fans there are the same but I kept reading 'why are we using Burkhead when it's 3rd and 1 and go with Michel or Develin instead'.  

Seemed to work out just fine for them actually and those of us who know a little about Rex would have zero zero problem with giving him the ball behind the New England Patriots offensive line no less to get 1 yard...  

The Patriots had a 4th and inches earlier in the game and used Burkhead and he didn’t make it. So the comment aren’t that bad. All fanbases do this. Just look at our game threads. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The Patriots had a 4th and inches earlier in the game and used Burkhead and he didn’t make it. So the comment aren’t that bad. All fanbases do this. Just look at our game threads. 

Exactly my point.  Just because a guy doesn't get one yard or whatever short yardage they needed to make one time does not equate to 'they should have tried someone else' not only for that play but for any other 1 yard/short yardage situation.  

This is why I have to tip my hat to the Patriots. It could have been Burkhead, Michel or White and it wouldn't have mattered. They have an offensive line and playcalling that really maximizes the running game. They've done this for years without a superstar running back, and for that matter, they plug in unheralded wide receivers year after year and the offense makes them great. But it is pretty cool that with the game on the line, Belichick called Burkhead's number multiple times. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Same. They've done some really shady, unlikeable things as an organization, but by and large they're just a really good team and they have five Super Bowls rings to show for it. Most of the dislike thrown their way is irrational fanaticism.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not a huge NFL guy and don't really have a team I root for every year.  So, to an extent, I agree.  But, I'm just tired of them and ready to see someone else in the SB and winning it.  I was really rooting for the Chiefs because I love watching their offense with Mahomes.  

• Plus1 1

If Mahomes had hit that open receiver in the 1st half for a TD the game may have played out much different.  Amazing game - I cannot stand seeing the Pats back in the SB but they have my full respect for what they have accomplished.  Brady never ceases to amaze me when it comes to crunch time.  He has to go down as the all time greatest. 

Very happy for Rex.  He has proven his worth to the Pats and he is the same reliable Rex that we saw at Nebraska.  I have to pull for SUH in the championship game however - got to end this Pat dynasty some time. 

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This is why I have to tip my hat to the Patriots. It could have been Burkhead, Michel or White and it wouldn't have mattered. They have an offensive line and playcalling that really maximizes the running game. They've done this for years without a superstar running back, and for that matter, they plug in unheralded wide receivers year after year and the offense makes them great. But it is pretty cool that with the game on the line, Belichick called Burkhead's number multiple times. 

So what you are saying Nebraska should hire Belichick as one of those consultants like Alabama has.  :rollin

• Mavric changed the title to Rex Burkhead