Rex Burkhead

I am I

Had another serviceable game and def helped the Pats win. Saw him on special teams around the ball too. 

Suh played pretty well, but wasn’t a huge disruptive force or anything. Anyway, nice to see a couple of Husker Legends playing in the biggest game. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Goff folded under pressure and didn't even see some open receivers, too bad.  Foles would have likely shredded them again.  Another game where the Patriots didn't so much have to win as the other team just decided to hand it to them :flush

Yeah I thought as much as well regarding Goff.  He's got a great arm and usually makes really good decisions.  He definitely did not see some open receivers yesterday but then again you have to credit New England's D who were putting heat on him the entire game.  The INT however was just horrible. 

Loved seeing both Suh and Burkhead not only play but look pretty darn good.  That tackle that Suh had on Michel was just plain ol' nasty.   Rex played like he had been there before when he did get his touches including that really nice run I posted above.  

• Plus1 2

If the Pats could choose between Barry Sanders and Burkhead, they would take Burkhead.  They are after role players, almost stereotypically.  Woodhead, Burkhead....Welker, Edelman.  They know what they want in a spot, and that is what they go get.  Could be hard to replace Brady in a few years though, unless they luck into an Aaron Rodgers type.

16 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah I thought as much as well regarding Goff.  He's got a great arm and usually makes really good decisions.  He definitely did not see some open receivers yesterday but then again you have to credit New England's D who were putting heat on him the entire game.  The INT however was just horrible. 

Goff's performance definitely had an air of the Patriot's saying 'we're going to take away the run game and have this kid try to beat us, best of luck.' Goff looked rattled and bewildered most of the night. He missed a lot of open guys, made bad reads and held onto the ball too long. But, you're right, a ton of credit goes to the Patriot's defense.

7 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Could be hard to replace Brady in a few years though, unless they luck into an Aaron Rodgers type.

I wonder about that sometimes too and then I think of Matt Cassel's 2008 year when he started after Brady tore his ACL. He was no Brady, but he finished the season with respectable numbers and made some huge plays. If I were a Pats fan, I'd be a lot more worried about the day he chooses to leave vs. the day Brady leaves.

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Goff's performance definitely had an air of the Patriot's saying 'we're going to take away the run game and have this kid try to beat us, best of luck.' Goff looked rattled and bewildered most of the night. He missed a lot of open guys, made bad reads and held onto the ball too long. But, you're right, a ton of credit goes to the Patriot's defense.

I wonder about that sometimes too and then I think of Matt Cassel's 2008 year when he started after Brady tore his ACL. He was no Brady, but he finished the season with respectable numbers and made some huge plays. If I were a Pats fan, I'd be a lot more worried about the day he chooses to leave vs. the day Brady leaves.

The pats finished 11 5 when matt friggen cassell was their qb.  No other coach in history could go 11 5 with cassell (they missed the playoffs while going 11 5)

I was rooting for the Rams for three quarters, then it was clear the Patriots were a better team and deserved it. 

Again, I know there's a lot of Patriots-hatred out there, but that's just good football. I don't think the Rams folded or handed it to them; I think Belechick and staff had a pretty brilliant defensive strategy, and even with the greatest passer in Tom Brady, they used the ground game to perfection. Rex Burkhead may never be considered in the RB class of Todd Gurley or CJ Anderson, but he will always have a Super Bowl ring and a highlight reel play, and that's the beauty of playing for the Pats. 

Maybe the world would be a better place if we took all the hatred aimed at the Patriots and shifted it to Adam Levine. 

• Plus1 3

To clarify: the Seahawks gave the game away not running Lynch at the goal line; Falcons gave it up throwing late and Ryan taking a sack no HS QB would be dumb enough to take to eliminate a game-icing FG attempt; Goff gave it away playing like he did under Jeff Fisher.  Holding the ball too long, not taking what was there to move the chains, etc.

Rex deserves multiple rings for getting stuck in Cincy for several years :dumdum

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I thought McVay looked like a deer in the headlights a lot during the game. They would show him on the camera and he was wide-eyed and looked like he didn't know what to do. I did love watching Suh push the o-lineman into Brady and knocking him down! It made me think back to win he single handedly dominated Texas. 

You've either not watched him all year or you're just a bad armchair psychologist :lol: he always looks like that.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Rex Burkhead