Rex Burkhead

I am I

23 minutes ago, Landlord said:

3 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

McVay may have gotten outcoached, but not by that much. The Rams put together a pretty good strategy for stopping the more experienced Patriots, and an inconsistent Goff was still only a play away from tying the game or taking the lead until the very end. Patriots were clearly better, but the Rams hung around and with a bit of luck could have prevailed. 

If you're a Saints fan, you're thinking there's no way 13 points would have won that Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

To clarify: the Seahawks gave the game away not running Lynch at the goal line; Falcons gave it up throwing late and Ryan taking a sack no HS QB would be dumb enough to take to eliminate a game-icing FG attempt; Goff gave it away playing like he did under Jeff Fisher.  Holding the ball too long, not taking what was there to move the chains, etc.

Rex deserves multiple rings for getting stuck in Cincy for several years :dumdum

I'm a massive Seahawks fan so I unfortunately remember that game well.  The Patriots went jumbo goal line which forced Seattle away from Lynch.  I still would've liked to see Lynch get one crack at it.  What bummed me out more was Seattle losing two defensive starters..they lost Jeremy Lane early to a broken arm when he picked off Brady and they lost Cliff Avril to a concussion in the 3rd quarter and it's probably not a coincidence that NE started to be able to pick Seattle apart after that happened.  I stupidly watched the game replay when it was on a week or so ago.  Man that was dumb.

To stay on topic, super happy for Rex.  I appreciated his last big run which boosted him over his prop bet rushing numbers very much. 

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was rooting for the Rams for three quarters, then it was clear the Patriots were a better team and deserved it. 

Again, I know there's a lot of Patriots-hatred out there, but that's just good football. I don't think the Rams folded or handed it to them; I think Belechick and staff had a pretty brilliant defensive strategy, and even with the greatest passer in Tom Brady, they used the ground game to perfection. Rex Burkhead may never be considered in the RB class of Todd Gurley or CJ Anderson, but he will always have a Super Bowl ring and a highlight reel play, and that's the beauty of playing for the Pats. 

Maybe the world would be a better place if we took all the hatred aimed at the Patriots and shifted it to Adam Levine. 

What I don’t understand is why Adam Levine can run around showing his nipples off and no one says s#!t and Janet Jackson’s nipple is shown for half a second and the world goes crazy and she receives a lifetime ban. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

McVay may have gotten outcoached, but not by that much. The Rams put together a pretty good strategy for stopping the more experienced Patriots, and an inconsistent Goff was still only a play away from tying the game or taking the lead until the very end. Patriots were clearly better, but the Rams hung around and with a bit of luck could have prevailed. 

That's pretty much how I feel. I guess we could say he got out-coached in a general sense, but neither offense was playing particularly well, and the Rams blew a huge opportunity in the fourth quarter. I don't remember who Goff threw to, but, if he throws that end zone pass three seconds sooner... his receiver was wide open. Who knows what would've happened the rest of the game if that play is made.

More than anything, bad QB play got the Rams. Goff couldn't handle the pressure and pre-snap changes made by the Patriots, and he was also incredibly inaccurate with the football almost the whole day. He whiffed on a lot of plays.

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

That's pretty much how I feel. I guess we could say he got out-coached in a general sense, but neither offense was playing particularly well, and the Rams blew a huge opportunity in the fourth quarter. I don't remember who Goff threw to, but, if he throws that end zone pass three seconds sooner... his receiver was wide open. Who knows what would've happened the rest of the game if that play is made.

More than anything, bad QB play got the Rams. Goff couldn't handle the pressure and pre-snap changes made by the Patriots, and he was also incredibly inaccurate with the football almost the whole day. He whiffed on a lot of plays.

I totally agree, but as a coach you don’t say that. McVay can take the hit, he needs to shield his young QB. Goff isn’t nearly as far along as people want to think, and McVay knows that. Smart move deflecting the attention to himself, where it basically becomes a non-story.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:00 AM, dvdcrr said:

If the Pats could choose between Barry Sanders and Burkhead, they would take Burkhead.  They are after role players, almost stereotypically.  Woodhead, Burkhead....Welker, Edelman.  They know what they want in a spot, and that is what they go get.  Could be hard to replace Brady in a few years though, unless they luck into an Aaron Rodgers type.

The biggest reason they have so many role player types is to manage the salary cap. They’ve had big time stars on both sides of the ball, they just get rid of them when it comes time to pony up the dough.

• Mavric changed the title to Rex Burkhead
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

23 hours ago, Mavric said:

Rex is the definition of being a team player...

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said in September, according to the Providence Journal. “He plays on all four downs. He can run the ball, can handle all our regular run plays. He’s a good third-down back. James White’s a great third-down back. Rex can play on all big four in the kicking game – kickoff, kickoff return, punt, punt return. He’s one of the most versatile players on our team.”

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...