Worst Call Ever In A Husker Game

Just now, Roundball Shaman said:

After watching the utter fiasco of officiating that went against the Saints in the recent conference title game this got me wondering. What was the worst officiating call you ever saw that went against the Huskers? What's the call that cost the Huskers the most? What's the call that you still just can't forget all these years later?

The "targeting" call on Nate Gerry 

• Plus1 3

These might not be the "worst" calls in terms of blatant bad calls, but these were the costliest to NU in my opinion.

1)  Penn State's 4th down catch in 1982 in Happy Valley.  He was a yard out of bounds when he caught the ball inside the 5 yard line.  The game-winning TD also came on a trapped pass.  Gave NU it's only loss that season, and Penn State won the National Championship.

2)  Phantom clip call against Nebraska which wiped out a Corey Dixon punt return TD in the 1994 Orange Bowl against Florida State.

3)  Refs missing William Floyd's fumble at the goal line in the same game as #2.  I guess it was a close call, but it gave FSU a TD, which they didn't earn.

Sorry for the poor video quality, but this is the only thing I could find on YouTube.

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

These might not be the "worst" calls in terms of blatant bad calls, but these were the costliest to NU in my opinion.

1)  Penn State's 4th down catch in 1982 in Happy Valley.  He was a yard out of bounds when he caught the ball inside the 5 yard line.  The game-winning TD also came on a trapped pass.  Gave NU it's only loss that season, and Penn State won the National Championship.

2)  Phantom clip call against Nebraska which wiped out a Corey Dixon punt return TD in the 1994 Orange Bowl against Florida State.

3)  Refs missing William Floyd's fumble at the goal line in the same game as #2.  I guess it was a close call, but it gave FSU a TD, which they didn't earn.

This and the KSU face mask on Crouch that wasn't called.

• Plus1 2