Worst Call Ever In A Husker Game

19 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I thought it was the right call.  Had it not hit that damn handrail.

Watching that play, IF McCoy isn’t running for his life from Suh, I think he might have ran more time off the clock, pass goes out of bounds and it’s truly game over.  Can’t be mad at Suh for trying to kill a man!

48 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X6neDRuvLk

Easy 1978 OU/NU the kickoff hit where ball was clearly fumbled- they didnt call it-

I think everyone probably forgets about this one because they won the game. In an alternate universe where Oklahoma wins, it might go down in lore as the worst of the lot.

I suppose it is easier to remember the ones that cost you national championships. And I can say confidently that two have been stolen.

• Plus1 1

Worst call, for me, has to be the Frost's pass that was kicked up in the air and caught by Davison.  

I was at that game and still never understood why there was not more outcry.  It was called a deflection but it was a clear kick to me.

We not only came back and won that game but also a Natty.

I was not been able to complain about bad calls for quite a few years after that.  :-)

PS.  I realize that the focus of this post are the worst calls that went against us (that's implied) ... but still, always been grateful for this one that went out way.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, wiuhusker said:

This is also very true. It's truly amazing we won some of the games we did that year with the offense we trotted out on the field. 

Just a testament to how good that Defense truly was.  Suh, Crick, O'hanlon, Amukamara, Asante, Dillard, Gomes, Hagg and more future big names.

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Worst call, for me, has to be the Frost's pass that was kicked up in the air and caught by Davison.  

I was at that game and still never understood why there was not more outcry.  It was called a deflection but it was a clear kick to me.

We not only came back and won that game but also a Natty.

I was not been able to complain about bad calls for quite a few years after that.  :-)

PS.  I realize that the focus of this post are the worst calls that went against us (that's implied) ... but still, always been grateful for this one that went out way.

Ban this man!  ;)

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

What's the worst call you've seen go *in* Nebraska's favor?

Wasn't there a game against PSU at home where they clearly scored a touchdown but it was ruled either a fumble before the ball crossed the goal line? I seem to remember something like that occurring in the south endzone.

Just now, HuskerNBigD said:

Wasn't there a game against PSU at home where they clearly scored a touchdown but it was ruled either a fumble before the ball crossed the goal line? I seem to remember something like that occurring in the south endzone.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, GSG said:

I remember after this game, a bunch of Penn State folks were grumbling about it but said that at least we were finally even. Nope, screw you Penn State. That is not even at all. This call cost PSU a game between two middling teams that were going nowhere. The 82 game resulted in them getting a National Championship when it should have been ours. Not to mention Penn State should burn in hell anyway.

• Plus1 9
Just now, Ulty said:

I remember after this game, a bunch of Penn State folks were grumbling about it but said that at least we were finally even. Nope, screw you Penn State. That is not even at all. This call cost PSU a game between two middling teams that were going nowhere. The 82 game resulted in them getting a National Championship when it should have been ours. Not to mention Penn State should burn in hell anyway.

This