ObamaCare (Ambetter) Insurance

This may not be the best place to put it, but I thought I'd get a lot of eyes in this forum.

I have my own business, and we currently get our Health Insurance through my Wife's employer. My wife has decided that she may be ready to expand a small business she has ran on the side, and quit her current job.

So, does anybody have insurance through ObamaCare (It's through Ambetter in Missouri)?  What do like, not like about it? Are the coverages good? And is everything covered promptly, without issue, or have you had issues with coverage. 

I've done a lot of research, but any personal testimonies would be welcomed.:lol:

Get a job like the rest of us, you mooch!!!!!!  :P

I'm sorry I'm no help.  I live in Omaha and have insurance through my wife's employer also.  Just couldn't resist the stupid Obamacare joke.  

Truly, best of luck to you and your wife on her venture.  And I also hope you find good coverage.  It sucks that two self employed people (hard working and earning it everyday) have to worry about such a thing.  But here we are....

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I am a business owner and I have an insurance plan that i offer to my employees.  Do you have employees where you could go that route? 

I'm not sure if it varies state by state but to be considered a "group" for a group plan in Nebraska, as long as you have at least 2 employees (yourself and one other person), who are unrelated, you are eligible for a group plan.  I work for a small family business and that is the route we ended up going because it was cheaper and better insurance than Obamacare.

Obamacare's great if you're self-employed and are under the income limits for subsidies.  Otherwise, good luck...

• Fire 1

35 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Get a job like the rest of us, you mooch!!!!!!  :P

I'm sorry I'm no help.  I live in Omaha and have insurance through my wife's employer also.  Just couldn't resist the stupid Obamacare joke.  

Truly, best of luck to you and your wife on her venture.  And I also hope you find good coverage.  It sucks that two self employed people (hard working and earning it everyday) have to worry about such a thing.  But here we are....

Haha! 

Yeah, it's a pain in the a$$.... From some of the premiums I've seen though, it's a little cheaper than I was expecting. Let's just hope Trump doesn't repeal it!

I’m on an exchange (Obamacare) plan in Colorado. IMO it’s ridiculously expensive for bare minimum coverage. I haven’t had any issues with them covering what they said they would cover. I also own a business but had to quit offering a group plan to my employees quite a few years ago. It was just getting too costly considering to qualify for the group plan I had to pay at least 50% of the employees coverage. It made my personal health insurance expense go up but overall it’s not costing me what it would be with 50% of the premium for even a few of my employees.

I would agree that the only people making out on Obamacare plans are those who qualify for subsidies which I do not. The coverage is fair and it’s guaranteed issue but as I’ve always lamented, they didn’t fix the biggest problem...runaway premium costs. Healthcare in this country still needs to be fixed. And Trumpcare, buying across state lines etc. is not the answer. Single payer universal coverage is the only way forward I see.

My understanding is that Obamacare plans vary greatly by carrier and state. I doubt anyone’s experiences in other states would be any kind of indicator for what you’ll get in Missouri.

• Plus1 3
13 hours ago, TGHusker said:

My son and his wife got  Medishare and there are some other medical share plans out there.  They seem to like it. 

He's is basically self employed physical therapist - he works under an organization but their insurance plan sucks. 

https://ptmoney.com/medishare-review/

https://mychristiancare.org/medi-share/

Yep that's awesome. One of my Aunts and Cousins are on one of those plans - I'm not sure if she's on Medishare, but it looks like the same thing. Single mom/daughter, and she seems to really like it.

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m on an exchange (Obamacare) plan in Colorado. IMO it’s ridiculously expensive for bare minimum coverage. I haven’t had any issues with them covering what they said they would cover. I also own a business but had to quit offering a group plan to my employees quite a few years ago. It was just getting too costly considering to qualify for the group plan I had to pay at least 50% of the employees coverage. It made my personal health insurance expense go up but overall it’s not costing me what it would be with 50% of the premium for even a few of my employees.

I would agree that the only people making out on Obamacare plans are those who qualify for subsidies which I do not. The coverage is fair and it’s guaranteed issue but as I’ve always lamented, they didn’t fix the biggest problem...runaway premium costs. Healthcare in this country still needs to be fixed. And Trumpcare, buying across state lines etc. is not the answer. Single payer universal coverage is the only way forward I see.

My understanding is that Obamacare plans vary greatly by carrier and state. I doubt anyone’s experiences in other states would be any kind of indicator for what you’ll get in Missouri.

Oh boy lol, don't go starting another government shutdown on us before we've even wrapped the current one up!!!

• Plus1 1