Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

I only caught some of the discussion on 1620 this morning, but, the portion I heard seemed to largely be related to Miles and Moos' lack of visible support for the men's bball program and coach. To that I say... it's not football and it sort of is what it is.

I'm unaware or haven't heard rumors of other discontent, although that doesn't mean there aren't any. I've heard several first hand accounts of Moos doing some really generous and savvy things as AD and they've made me fairly appreciative of him up to this point.

• Plus1 5
8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I only caught some of the discussion on 1620 this morning, but, the portion I heard seemed to largely be related to Miles and Moos' lack of visible support for the men's bball program and coach. To that I say... it's not football and it sort of is what it is.

I'm unaware or haven't heard rumors of other discontent, although that doesn't mean there aren't any. I've heard several first hand accounts of Moos doing some really generous and savvy things as AD and they've made me fairly appreciative of him up to this point.

I have been happy with Moos so far. As far as Miles goes- I wish we had a different basketball coach so I have no problem with Moos maybe not being on board with Miles.

Perhaps the Boosters mentioned are fans of Tim Miles? Just a guess but maybe Moos has been feeling them out to see if they are willing to pitch in to buyout Miles and fire him if it comes to that and maybe they dont want to pony up since we just bought out Riley? 

• Plus1 2

I'm listening to it a bit more closely now; they're talking about Jack Stark not being allowed to work with the basketball or volleyball programs (I didn't know he was associated with the University again?). Mike Schaefer starts going in on Hank Bounds, too; essentially saying he wants to be AD without actually having the title. 

Here's the initial segment: skip to about halfway in. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm listening to it a bit more closely now; they're talking about Jack Stark not being allowed to work with the basketball or volleyball programs (I didn't know he was associated with the University again?). Mike Schaefer starts going in on Hank Bounds, too; essentially saying he wants to be AD without actually having the title. 

Stark!!! @ColoradoHusk

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's great that we have so many people covering Husker sports, but there are a lot of times when I think we have too many people covering Husker sports. They all need something to talk about and they need an angle to make their story interesting. 

ESPECIALLY this time of year. I tune most of the local shows out this time of year until around spring practice. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I will have to listen to the segment, but I think Dr. Stark does work with Creighton's basketball team (and maybe volleyball), so if he were to also try to work with the NU basketball and volleyball teams, it could create a conflict of interests.

I know Dr. Stark is not an employee of either University and is an independent consultant, but I am just throwing that possibility out there.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, mnhusker said:

If the football program is good to go then I am OK with the AD. 

By and large, that's how most Husker fans feel whether they're willing to readily admit it or not, and I think that's why I don't really care too much if Moos is frustrating some people in other areas. Football subsidizes the AD in many ways.

And @knapplc is spot on. I'll take it a step further and say this probably isn't worth much. Have any of us ever worked for a corporation where there wasn't some drama, where some person or department didn't feel like they were being given the cold shoulder in some form or fashion? I can't say I have. It just so happens their drama becomes public quickly.

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I will have to listen to the segment, but I think Dr. Stark does work with Creighton's basketball team (and maybe volleyball), so if he were to also try to work with the NU basketball and volleyball teams, it could create a conflict of interests.

I know Dr. Stark is not an employee of either University and is an independent consultant, but I am just throwing that possibility out there.

Exactly!  He could hypnotize one team into not making shots.

• Plus1 1