Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

I have heard some things regarding Boosters being upset Moos said the facilities were 8th or whatever in the B1G. The boosters thought otherwise and thought they were fine. We will have to wait and see what we decide to do. I think we wait to see if we need new coaches in other sports. 

This next info is just some fodder/chatter but take it FWIW. I have heard Moos may leave soon but that was most likely baloney or not true. He is getting up there in age so he might only be here another couple of years. 

I appreciate Moos’ forward thinking in regards to facilities, improve often and make small changes rather than waiting for us to be way behind and having a giant overhaul. Boosters and what not need to chill a bit in that regard, I read an article in Forbes a couple weeks ago where Nebraska is the ONLY school in the top 25 in revenue to have zero debt. Plus I imagine Frost having worked at Oregon has asked for some improvements or at least discussed “his vision”with Moos which may have prompted the “8th in the BIG” comment

As far as Miles goes, I like the guy but his teams constantly play down to their opponents... with this much talent we should be a two loss team right now. It’s not like this is new though, Moos only elected to give Miles a one year extension at the conclusion of last season and essentially said we’d play it by ear going forward.

Moos likes to drink. Often. And boosters aren’t happy about it. 

Main concern is football and doesn’t take much interest in other sports. 

Bad blood with Moos and Green. Basically a power struggle. 

Works more like an interim AD. Hangs out all day and is lazy. 

• Haha 1

Risking the chance that I sound like I'm excusing Moos, it's tough to digest most of those claims without context, especially the drinking "often" and bad blood with Green claim.

As for his primary concern being football... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Again, without context, that's exactly how I'd say the Nebraska AD should approach the job.

• Plus1 3

I don't expect him to be around much longer. Not just because of what's been said in this thread, just never got that impression from the beginning. He may be focused on football, but I fully expect basketball to have his attention at season's end. I think he wants to try and make a homerun hire for the basketball program.

Edit: They should groom Matt Davison for the job. He's been around the program for over 20 years, he's charismatic, would charish the job, and I think he'd be great at it.

14 hours ago, JLord said:

Moos likes to drink. Often. And boosters aren’t happy about it. 

Main concern is football and doesn’t take much interest in other sports. 

Bad blood with Moos and Green. Basically a power struggle. 

Works more like an interim AD. Hangs out all day and is lazy. 

Confirmed Moos is the reincarnation of Devaney.

• Haha 8
  • Fire 1