Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

25 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I agree that Moos seems like a throwback guy like Devaney.  He would probably enjoy a night or 2 at the Legion Club.  

You have to admit he is a complete opposite of an AD to what SE or TO was. They were both all administration nose to the grindstone guys.  I think you need a mix of it though.  Moos just might be too much of a back slapper for some boosters.  Plus he doesn't seem like the type of guy that is going to take any advise from boosters.  

With all that said, I never thought he was a long term guy at Nebraska he is at most a 5 year guy.  I think he was 67 when he was hired. 

Yeah...this is his swan song...3 more years tops.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I am not super connected with HS baseball here but I have never heard anything bad about DE (or good).  But he seems like he can be a little annoying and sort brings that "I am a super try hard, gritty, hard nosed player/coach that gives it his all" attitude, which can rub people the wrong way, especially when DE was actually a crazy gifted talented athlete and not just this total blue collar guy.  Dude was gifted.

He's a terrible manager, I don't care what anyone says

• Plus1 2
On 1/24/2019 at 12:56 AM, HuskermanMike said:

I have heard some things regarding Boosters being upset Moos said the facilities were 8th or whatever in the B1G. The boosters thought otherwise and thought they were fine. We will have to wait and see what we decide to do. I think we wait to see if we need new coaches in other sports. 

This next info is just some fodder/chatter but take it FWIW. I have heard Moos may leave soon but that was most likely baloney or not true. He is getting up there in age so he might only be here another couple of years. 

I feel like he was brought here to fire Riley, hire Frost and restore a bit of confidence in the program at a high level.  I also suspect he'll be the hatchet man for Miles and Erstad, make some good hires for those two teams, then get things set for a long term replacement, while he retires and goes hunting, fishing and drinking with his chums.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am not super connected with HS baseball here but I have never heard anything bad about DE (or good).  But he seems like he can be a little annoying and sort brings that "I am a super try hard, gritty, hard nosed player/coach that gives it his all" attitude, which can rub people the wrong way, especially when DE was actually a crazy gifted talented athlete and not just this total blue collar guy.  Dude was gifted.

Totally agree.  Erstad worked his tail off no doubt, but still...dude was a 1-1 pick and was definitely born with a little extra.

• Fire 1

I have no problem with AD Moos putting football front and center for importance.  It drives the bus.  It's just like a CEO taking care of his million dollar customers with extra time and attention compared to a small customer who orders 5-10 K a year of widgets.  I also like AD Moos is front and center and not afraid to be candid.  Much better than Silent E who had a handler/gatekeeper to talk to him and mostly hid in his office.  As for baseball, I'm not going to blame Erstad much.  He's coaching in a mid-major baseball conference.  It isn't going to change unless they move the season back a month or a month and a half.  Fat chance of SEC and ACC agreeing to that.  I also think if Coach Miles misses the NCAA tournament this year he his done and Moos will certainly be tempted to go in another direction if they flame out in the First Round.  

All those rumors seem to be gaining some legs. I would hate for us to have to go find a new AD and new BB coach, if Moos is shown the door in March.    I have not seen the man since the VBall season (while attending the basketball games)...

I cant see us firing Moos. Just paid off Eichorst and Riley. Finish paying off Pelini in a few months. 

Probably will be paying off Tim Miles shortly. Are we gonna be paying off another AD? 

Whats the real issue- does anyone know? Moos pushing hard to keep up in the facilities arms race and our boosters think we are fine? The whole facilities announcement never happened did it?