Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

23 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

That Reddit thread is crazy, ha. Someone was saying that North Stadium would prefer Moos was out sooner than later. That'd be interesting. 

FYI:  If you’re not familiar with reddit, idontbelieveinisms is main poster there that everyone trusts.  He is a verified ex power 5 football player and does two podcasts (one for the entire college football page (550k plus subscribers) and one solely for the Husker page 12k members).  Needless to say, he has good insight and quite a following.  Likely an ex Husker since it’s only team he “follows”.  

Edit:  Link to his twitter:

https://twitter.com/footballisdum

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

FYI:  If you’re not familiar with reddit, idontbelieveinisms is main poster there that everyone trusts.  He is a verified ex power 5 football player and does two podcasts (one for the entire college football page (550k plus subscribers) and one solely for the Husker page.  Needless to say, he has good insight and quite a following.  Likely an ex Husker since it’s only team he “follows”.  

I am not familiar with Reddit, so thanks the heads up! He's the one who shared that so too. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

No disrespect to MD, but what is on his resume that indicates he has any ability to run a multi million dollar athletic department?

He's been around the athletic department for years, and let's not kid ourselves, this is about football. I think he'd be fine, and there would be veterans in the department to help him grow into the role.

I don't think it'll happen, I just think it would work.

24 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I wouldn't be comfortable having a radio DJ head a multi million $ department because he played football here and is friends with the football coach.

Unnecessarily diminishing Matt's role around the athletic department seems odd. I would imagine that Matt has done more than simply show up for game days throughout his time at Nebraska. At the very least he's had to have made connections, and formed relationships deep inside the athletic department, and among boosters. And as I said, he'd have plenty of people around him, like Marc Boehm,  to help along the way.... It'll be somebody thats been around the program, or a part of it in some way. I can't see another outsider.

I'm not even saying he'd be the most qualified. I just think he'd be worth considering. He's one of "us". He's young, and would likely stay in the role awhile. And unlike you, apparently, I think he's probably picked up on some things over his many years around the department. Assuming Frost is succt, you'd also think his presence would help keep Frost here if the NFL ever came calling.

14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Very possible. I was just spit-balling.

Oh yeah, I know.  

I am just thinking of it as if I had Davison's job.  

My best friend is the HC...I have what essentially amounts to no real job description...the s#!t I do have to do I have an assistant or two that can take care of it.  I can come and go as I please and I sort of answer to the AD but not really...since I was handpicked by the guy who is really in charge.

So how much of this is (toxic?) boosters wanting attention and to throw their weight around, and how much of this is that Moos has a legitimate drinking problem?

Just saying, if it’s more the former than the latter, then it doesn’t matter if we go get White at UCF, or Barry Alvarez decides to come back, or whomever incredible pie-in-the-sky AD we get—we’re still going to have problems until we get someone that can keep those boosters in check or cut ties with them completely. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

So how much of this is (toxic?) boosters wanting attention and to throw their weight around, and how much of this is that Moos has a legitimate drinking problem?

Just saying, if it’s more the former than the latter, then it doesn’t matter if we go get White at UCF, or Barry Alvarez decides to come back, or whomever incredible pie-in-the-sky AD we get—we’re still going to have problems until we get someone that can keep those boosters in check or cut ties with them completely. 

Agreed. Which seems to be paradoxical in nature, given the fact that the reddit user referenced earlier seems to give off the perception that many of our boosters don't want to get their hands dirty (i.e. pay to play). But then again, I'm not really sure what is going on. All hearsay. 

7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Dude loves to party but more than likely it is not interfering with his job...what it is interfering with is the boosters that LOVE TO sooooo much and know that TO frowns upon fun.

With that said, Moos is very much used to being an AD in a place where no one knows who he is and can go out and have fun.  That doesn't work as well in Lincoln.

• Plus1 2