Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

If he's been drinking to the point of passing out (again a rumor) then perhaps he hasn't been asking.

Ignoring other sports is more or less meaning that he doesn't care.  This isn't ME saying it.  It's, again, the rumors.

On December 3rd, he was quoted as saying that we rank 8th or 9th out of 14 in the B1G but yet there is nothing they are planning to upgrade right now.  There should probably always be something going on every year for facility upgrades.

I don't know if they are true or not.  All I was saying that if they are, then the drinking is definitely playing a factor here.

Which again goes back to the point that @teachercd brought up. If this drinking hasn't been interfering with the job and boosters are pissed because it isn't the old guards style, then we need to learn to get out of the way. However, if some of the rumors are true (antics in Wisconsin, passing out at bars) then there is greater consideration required. 

I feel like his comment about the facilities holds some merit, we are lagging many of our peers, but it sounds like this was an attempt to strong arm Bounds and Green, both of whom are in a tough spot given the negative perception that would result from beginning facility remodels while the university  state cuts its budget towards higher education. However, we all know these are two separate line items and the facilities would not require any public funding.

I'm not really sure what to think, I like Moos and I think he was perfect to bring in to get Frost back home. It is tough to really make any final decision given the fact we're all basing our opinions off rumors.

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

On December 3rd, he was quoted as saying that we rank 8th or 9th out of 14 in the B1G but yet there is nothing they are planning to upgrade right now.  There should probably always be something going on every year for facility upgrades.

I remember this struck me as being odd, as well. If we've fallen that far behind shouldn't there have already been something in place? His sudden disappearance as of late, coupled with these rumors? There is definitely some fire with all the smoke.

Moos still has to get approval from others on any upgrades.  He isn't in the position to make the call himself.   

About the football facilities being 8th or 9th in the B1G,  DiNardo has mentioned it also.  He said that Nebraska has nice overall facilities but when it comes to strictly football,  we are behind a lot of teams in the B1G.   

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think that would have a similar vibe to when a smattering of people were clamoring for Frost back in '07-'08. I said then that I thought Frost would've been a bad... or at the very least incredibly risky... move. Same with MD right now. It's a lot of risk for a young guy with virtually no experience. Hell, some people care a lot more about who the AD is than who the governor is. That's a lot of responsibility.

My understanding of MD's role is that there isn't a lot of actual department administration going on. He's sort of a "Frost needs, I get" type of guy, and then whatever job duties or roles fall into that.

Everything worked out for the better. If we hired Frost back in 07 he wouldnt know the Oregon Offense. He wouldnt have had his success at UCF. Patience worked out in this case.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If (big IF) these extreme rumors are true about Moos, Nebraska's administration really needs to start heeding other people's advice. Oregon State.... Wazzu.... There were red flags out there that both of those hires were questionable at best. 

I'm just glad he manged to hold off on the bender until after Frost was hired.:lol:

I remember when that story broke about Moos cooking the books at Wash St. It made me think that maybe he wasn't quite the home run we all thought. I think the elation of hiring Frost insulated a lot of people (on here especially) from caring too much. 

What exactly has MD done to lead some of you to believe he can be an effective AD at NU?  Nice guy?  Scott’s friend?  Made a nice catch?  Good at color on the radio?  

I don’t get it. I like the guy, but he’s fortunate to have the job he has now. 

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

This is well said.  Definitely an old guard of boosters that are in lock step with TO's values.  

Good thing they weren't boosters when Devaney was around. #PearlClutchers

7 minutes ago, Fru said:

Anyone hearing rumors of a little more nefarious behavior, and not just hitting the sauce too much? 

We talking Frank Solich division or Carl Pelini division? 

• Plus1 2