Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I mean if he isn't drinking during office hours then I don't see the big deal. Obviously if he has a problem, he should find help, but I don't think the guy should get the boot for that, and clearly he isn't.

Yet. The vote of confidence isn't always a good sign, despite what it's intentions would seem to be.

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I mean if he isn't drinking during office hours then I don't see the big deal. Obviously if he has a problem, he should find help, but I don't think the guy should get the boot for that, and clearly he isn't.

True of most jobs, but there might be a code of conduct in his contract.  Just speculating.  I don't want him gone unless proven to be a liability.

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yet. The vote of confidence isn't always a good sign, despite what it's intentions would seem to be.

Yea its hard to say what that means but IMO it probably means the rumors hold some weight 

1 minute ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

True of most jobs, but there might be a code of conduct in his contract.  Just speculating.  I don't want him gone unless proven to be a liability.

Thats a good point. Ultimately if he isn't doing what is asked of him within the confines of his position that is a problem. Lets hope they can work it out internally.

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

This is well said.  Definitely an old guard of boosters that are in lock step with TO's values.  

The "old guard" are the ones that pay for the facilities etc. I also dont think if you run the NU athletic Department that you have any business getting plastered in public. 

18 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

In his type of role it isnt really a 9-5 thing. He RUNS the athletic department and as such is the face of it. We can argue that Frost is and I get that but the AD hires the coaches etc. Having an AD that is in public and getting plastered looks bad on the university as well as the Chancy and President etc. 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Once TO passes...we will be able to drink in public again.

I dunno. Supposedly Matt Davison is able to drink with boosters just fine. And last I checked, Dr. Tom hasn't been laid in state yet (though when it does, I figure that the entire state will shut down). 

Again, this whole ordeal has the look of boosters who are trying to become bigger than the program. We've seen this kind of s*** at places like Texass...and considering all the other things seeping northward from this state, that we would have boosters who put their egos ahead of the program isn't any sort of a stretch.

Boosters can easily become cancers on a program if not kept in check--maybe if we're going to fault Moos for anything, it's for not reigning in these boosters?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I dunno. Supposedly Matt Davison is able to drink with boosters just fine. And last I checked, Dr. Tom hasn't been laid in state yet (though when it does, I figure that the entire state will shut down). 

Again, this whole ordeal has the look of boosters who are trying to become bigger than the program. We've seen this kind of s*** at places like Texass...and considering all the other things seeping northward from this state, that we would have boosters who put their egos ahead of the program isn't any sort of a stretch.

Matt gets a pass because of the "catch" :)

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

In his type of role it isnt really a 9-5 thing. He RUNS the athletic department and as such is the face of it. We can argue that Frost is and I get that but the AD hires the coaches etc. Having an AD that is in public and getting plastered looks bad on the university as well as the Chancy and President etc. 

Like I said earlier, dont you think there would be at least one picture or one video out of him getting blackout drunk at a local bar if this were the case? In this day and age, you cant go anywhere as a public figure without something being posted to social media. I dont buy it. 

• Plus1 7

Regarding the statement from the University today.  It accomplishes a few things:  1) squashes any rumors that Moos is going to be immediately fired,  2) puts Moos on notice to make sure the booze isn't impacting his work, and try not to be so out and open with his drinking, and 3) may move up the timetable for Moos's retirement from 3 years down the road, to 1 year down the road (at the end of the 2019-20 academic year).

5 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Boosters can easily become cancers on a program if not kept in check--maybe if we're going to fault Moos for anything, it's for not reigning in these boosters?

Makes me kind of wonder if the supposed alcohol issues are the real problem, or if it's other "things" that have drawn the ire of a booster or two. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Regarding the statement from the University today.  It accomplishes a few things:  1) squashes any rumors that Moos is going to be immediately fired,  2) puts Moos on notice to make sure the booze isn't impacting his work, and try not to be so out and open with his drinking, and 3) may move up the timetable for Moos's retirement from 3 years down the road, to 1 year down the road (at the end of the 2019-20 academic year).

Those are some good points.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Like I said earlier, dont you think there would be at least one picture or one video out of him getting blackout drunk at a local bar if this were the case? In this day and age, you cant go anywhere as a public figure without something being posted to social media. I dont buy it. 

maybe there is....