Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Like I said earlier, dont you think there would be at least one picture or one video out of him getting blackout drunk at a local bar if this were the case? In this day and age, you cant go anywhere as a public figure without something being posted to social media. I dont buy it. 

It's weird. The tape of Bo bitching at the fans didn't come out for years, but rumors about something like it were out there for months before it became public. 

That doesn't mean this is untrue or true. It just means that proof may exist but not be public, sometimes for a while.

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Makes me kind of wonder if the supposed alcohol issues are the real problem, or if it's other "things" that have drawn the ire of a booster or two. 

Like Moos telling these boosters 'no', perhaps?

I mean...if it can happen in a place like Texass that doesn't have a championship pedigree for football, it can certainly happen at a school like ours that does have that pedigree.

48 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I mean if he isn't drinking during office hours then I don't see the big deal. Obviously if he has a problem, he should find help, but I don't think the guy should get the boot for that, and clearly he isn't.

I like to think he has a bottle of scotch or bourbon in his desk that he enjoys (in moderation) whenever he mulls over one of his replacement coach lists.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's weird. The tape of Bo bitching at the fans didn't come out for years, but rumors about something like it were out there for months before it became public. 

That doesn't mean this is untrue or true. It just means that proof may exist but not be public, sometimes for a while.

Good point, but those tapes are a little different than AD Moos passing out at a bar yesterday or getting blackout drunk in public on a regular basis. The university can contain those tapes of Bo for the most part since what he said was mostly private. But a college kid snapchatting a video with the caption “hey look Bill Moos is f#&%ing passed out next to me” will get around pretty dang fast. The university cant really control that narrative. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
36 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

The "old guard" are the ones that pay for the facilities etc. I also dont think if you run the NU athletic Department that you have any business getting plastered in public. 

I agree that they have the big $$ right now.

But playing a bit of devil’s advocate -  the athletic department could catch itself in a tough situation if the new wave of successful donors feel disenfranchised by the department with its constant catering of older alum. Couple that with lackluster on field performance for the last 20 years and you run the risk of less meaningful donations moving forward. I’d don’t envy individuals that have to cater to various needs, but I do think long term vision is a critical factor when considering who to bend the knee for.  

• Fire 1

But those (that) tape was recorded "on purpose" by a professional that was waiting to use it for gain (rightfully so)...I have no clue what they got out of it but clearly it wasn't nothing...even the satisfaction of f#&%ing with Bo was probably enough.

The tape from the meeting after he was canned came out like 20 hours after the meeting, a non-pro.

If Moos was hammered at a bar and passed out...that picture is out on the Twitter machine 3 minutes after it happens.

I saw a tweet today of one college kid filming another college kid and mentioning what a moron he was for wearing shorts on campus in -8 degree temps.

4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Good point, but those tapes are a little different than AD Moos passing out at a bar yesterday or getting blackout drunk in public on a regular basis. The university can contain those tapes of Bo for the most part since what he said was mostly private. But a college kid snapchatting a video with the caption “hey look Bill Moos is f#&%ing passed out next to me” will get around pretty dang fast. The university cant really control that narrative. 

Amen...the payoff is different.

Being the kid/young adult that snaps/tweets out Moos passed out is social currency!  

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Like Moos telling these boosters 'no', perhaps?

I mean...if it can happen in a place like Texass that doesn't have a championship pedigree for football, it can certainly happen at a school like ours that does have that pedigree.

The best way someone put it earlier is that it falls in the "Frank Solich" division and not the "Carl Pelini" division. 

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

To add to this, even though the Bo recording was only seven years ago, I feel that apps such as snapchat and instagram are much more common place today and it would be hard for extremely rare for someone not to capture that. I also think it's a lot easier to grab a quick snap of someone at a bar passed out rather than recording the intimate post-game rant. With the latter, I feel like Bo would be able to determine quickly what it meant when someone was pulling out their phone. Still, the balls on the guy/gal that snagged the original recording.