Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Is it really?  I didn't know that.  I always just thought it was the Dragons

No idea what a Pendragon is but that's what they are

Edit:  UPDATE.  This is what a Pendragon is but it has zero to do with dragons.  Which is their mascot.

Pen·drag·on

Dictionary result for Pendragon

/ˌpenˈdraɡən/
noun

1. a title given to an ancient British or Welsh prince holding or claiming supreme power.
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Edit:  UPDATE.  This is what a Pendragon is but it has zero to do with dragons.  Which is their mascot.

Pen·drag·on

/ˌpenˈdraɡən/
noun

1. a title given to an ancient British or Welsh prince holding or claiming supreme power.

Ha!  I wonder if they know that!

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Pen·drag·on

/ˌpenˈdraɡən/
noun

Their mascot is a dragon, but their school nickname has nothing to do with an actual dragon? Fantastic.

Moos responds to the rumors.

'They have no merit': Nebraska A.D. Bill Moos responds to rumors surrounding job status

Nebraska Athletic Director Bill Moos said he first heard the rumors Monday night while eating dinner with his wife Kendra. He received texts from friends about his potential firing. 

Kendra pulled up one rumor on her phone. The two couldn’t believe it. Sometime after, Moos said he received a call from NU President Hank Bounds that he and University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Ronnie Green would issue a full statement of support.

That statement came Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon, Moos said in an interview with The World-Herald that rumors of his firing and misuse of alcohol in any setting “have no merit.” 

“I’m a man of the people, and I like being around people,” Moos said of occasionally having a drink in public. “They like being around me. But’s it’s never outside the lines.”

One rumor he addressed revolved around an alleged incident involving alcohol in a suite during Nebraska’s Oct. 6 football game at Wisconsin. Moos said it didn’t happen.

“I had one helluva hot dog, though,” Moos said, joking it was the second-best of any Husker football road trip behind Northwestern.

18 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Word from my sources at PoPo's tell me that Uncle Moose is flying all around the country talking to basketball people about who to hire to replace Miles. Dr. K, Jay Wright, Lavin, Raff and Dana have all been consulted. 

Uncle Moose has a list and he's checking it twice. He's been very, very busy. If you could only see his flight schedules. 

My sources are plugged-in. 

I think you missed a real opportunity to name yourself 'Bender from Pender'.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Pen·drag·on

/ˌpenˈdraɡən/
noun

Uther of British folklore took the surname "Pendragon" after seeing a comet that resembled a dragon. His symbol was a dragon.

bwNBmOT.jpg

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Moos responds to the rumors.

So he lied about seeing Scott in Philadelphia but said he heard they have good Philly cheese steaks.

Here he says the Wisconsin thing didn’t happen, but he had a good hot dog.

Obviously has a tell that he is lying when he talks about food.

• Haha 1