Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If nothing else, it's been pretty hilarious watching actual factual journalists try to report on this story. No facts, no witnesses, no photos, but they're taking questions from message boards and tossing them out to Moos. 

What a time to be alive.

I, for one, am happy to be such a valuable member of the Nebraska sports media.

I was told repeatedly by Oregon State and Wazzu fans that Moos was a great AD and they would hate losing him.

I am not sure if he has been battling demons through all the years or not. I have no insight there, but I imagine the university does and if he needs to go I hope they move on it only after they have a great replacement lined up.

We certainly need to be upgrading constantly, as others have pointed out. I think we should have one major capital project completed at least every 24 months. Whether that be new practice facilities for football, a major overhaul of current facilities, a renovation of the volleyball arena, adding something needed, rebuilding the baseball facilities. Whatever it takes to get back to the top and stay there. At least in the top 10 or so for all the major sports. And no lower than, say 15-20, for the rest. It's just the nature of the game and we bring in so much money that all this should be financially feasible. And will add money in the longer term. And success, which also brings money.

If Moos is to be replaced, a logical place to look is Danny White at UCF. I am a huge UCF fan, too, since I moved to the Orlando area in '99. I would hate to see him leave UCF, but I have seen what he has accomplished here, on a shoestring budget, with a football team that is in its infancy and reluctant boosters (at least in the early days). Danny would be a huge loss for UCF but a great addition for Nebraska. And he and Frost are fairly close, so he would likely be inclined to let Scott roll forward with little or no added stress.

52 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

So he lied about seeing Scott in Philadelphia but said he heard they have good Philly cheese steaks.

Here he says the Wisconsin thing didn’t happen, but he had a good hot dog.

Obviously has a tell that he is lying when he talks about food.

Or he is lying when talking about steak, and totally genuine when discussing processed meats.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

Personally, I don't treat a single one of our local radio hosts as journalists. They're more personalities that share opinions based on the work the TV, newspaper and online reporters do. (For the record, I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing. They're filling a certain niche in the media world.)

But, that's also why I took a bit of an issue with Schaefer and Benning talking about all this stuff on Sharp & Benning the other day, and with any other local reporter sharing this stuff without solid basis. We don't have any confirmation of facts or concrete information. It's almost exclusively speculation, outlined very well in knapplc's hypotheticals above. It's possible a lot of it has been perpetuated and twisted, perhaps even unintentionally.

So much this^^^

Heck the story has started to spin out of control, with no proof or evidence whatsoever, within this thread alone. It's the old pass a story along via 5 people and see if the final version even resembles the original. It may be nothing more than Moos had one too many drinks at one event but now magically he's fondling booster's wives and sh#tfaced 24-7.

Gotta love social media and message boards.

• Thanks 3
12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So much this^^^

Heck the story has started to spin out of control, with no proof or evidence whatsoever, within this thread alone. It's the old pass a story along via 5 people and see if the final version even resembles the original. It may be nothing more than Moos had one too many drinks at one event but now magically he's fondling booster's wives and sh#tfaced 24-7.

Gotta love social media and message boards.

Gotta love the football off-season. 

• Plus1 1