Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

38 minutes ago, Flood said:

I am not sure if he has been battling demons  dragons through all the years or not. I have no insight there, but I imagine the university does and if he needs to go I hope they move on it only after they have a great replacement lined up.

FIFY. Try to stay on topic.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

A moos walks into a bar...

Spoiler

A Moos walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender asks his boss "What should I do?" The boss says "Serve it to him. Moos aren't too bright so charge him $20" The bartender did as he was told and as the Moos reached for his wallet he asked the bartender "What are you staring at?" "We don't get many Moos in here" replied the bartender. "Well" said the Moos, "at these prices I'm not surprised!"

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

So much this^^^

Heck the story has started to spin out of control, with no proof or evidence whatsoever, within this thread alone. It's the old pass a story along via 5 people and see if the final version even resembles the original. It may be nothing more than Moos had one too many drinks at one event but now magically he's fondling booster's wives and sh#tfaced 24-7.

Gotta love social media and message boards.

the only truth behind any of it is that Bill has had a few too many in front of a few that are part of the TO coalition of booze is bad and also happen to donate large sums of money to a certain athletic department....

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

the only truth behind any of it is that Bill has had a few too many in front of a few that are part of the TO coalition of booze is bad and also happen to donate large sums of money to a certain athletic department....

Is this fact or speculation based on what we assume of TO? I have trouble believing we have a bunch of tea totaling holy roller boosters that have a problem with a guy who finally has the football program headed in the right direction but apparently they are newbies or didn’t have similar concerns about Devaney or Cipriano or Solich and let us wallow for about 16 years with Callahan and Pelini and Riley. Seems to me boosters like that (if they do in fact exist) are a much bigger problem than Moos could ever be.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Is this fact or speculation based on what we assume of TO? I have trouble believing we have a bunch of tea totaling holy roller boosters that have a problem with a guy who finally has the football program headed in the right direction but apparently they are newbies or didn’t have similar concerns about Devaney or Cipriano or Solich and let us wallow for about 16 years with Callahan and Pelini and Riley. Seems to me boosters like that (if they do in fact exist) are a much bigger problem than Moos could ever be.

TO still has a large pull amongst our boosters. I am not a big fan of speculation. Everything I have said is from the same individual who let me in on all of the Frost hiring info. I was told Moos enjoys a few too many drinks and did it around a few that didnt appreciate it as it looks poorly upon the university. We also have to account for the way in which times have changed. 

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

TO still has a large pull amongst our boosters. I am not a big fan of speculation. Everything I have said is from the same individual who let me in on all of the Frost hiring info. I was told Moos enjoys a few too many drinks and did it around a few that didnt appreciate it as it looks poorly upon the university. We also have to account for the way in which times have changed. 

Like I said, it seems to me that maybe we need to change the type of boosters we allow to influence our program rather than run off a guy who has a few drinks. I’m more concerned with the performance of our athletic programs, especially football, than I am about the sensibilities of a few self important people who are maybe wound a bit too tight. I understand that things have changed since the days of Devaney and Cip but I also am having a hard time believing Moos is making a complete a$$ of himself at these events. Maybe some people need to relax a bit and simply appreciate what he has done for the football program. JMO

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Like I said, it seems to me that maybe we need to change the type of boosters we allow to influence our program rather than run off a guy who has a few drinks. I’m more concerned with the performance of our athletic programs, especially football, than I am about the sensibilities of a few self important people who are maybe wound a bit too tight. I understand that things have changed since the days of Devaney and Cip but I also am having a hard time believing Moos is making a complete a$$ of himself at these events. Maybe some people need to relax a bit and simply appreciate what he has done for the football program. JMO

He did what practically anyone not associated with Harvey Perlman would have been able to accomplish. TO disliked Perlman exponentially. Once he was out Scott had the green light from TO. It really is that simple. They could have hired you or I and we would have got the same deal done. 

At this point, this entire saga appears to be nothing more than rampant, wild and unsubstantiated speculation.   Although that seems to be about 80% of the content of this board, generally, I think it is very unfair and just plain wrong to be defaming and attacking a man who up to now has done nothing but been a pretty darn good AD for Nebraska.    What has Moos done, or not done, to deserve the wrath of so many?  His primary job has been to right the football ship and from the opinions of the vast majority on here, it seems the Husker football program is headed in the right direction.   Nearly everybody seems to be positive.   Why not we give the man the benefit of the doubt, especially since we have absolutely no indication of anything otherwise.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

At this point, this entire saga appears to be nothing more than rampant, wild and unsubstantiated speculation.   Although that seems to be about 80% of the content of this board, generally, I think it is very unfair and just plain wrong to be defaming and attacking a man who up to now has done nothing but been a pretty darn good AD for Nebraska.    What has Moos done, or not done, to deserve the wrath of so many?  His primary job has been to right the football ship and from the opinions of the vast majority on here, it seems the Husker football program is headed in the right direction.   Nearly everybody seems to be positive.   Why not we give the man the benefit of the doubt, especially since we have absolutely no indication of anything otherwise.

I have absolutely zero against Bill Moos, I am just confident in saying he pissed some people off by getting crunk around some dolla dolla bill donors 

22 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He did what practically anyone not associated with Harvey Perlman would have been able to accomplish. TO disliked Perlman exponentially. Once he was out Scott had the green light from TO. It really is that simple. They could have hired you or I and we would have got the same deal done. 

I’m sure that is true.

18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have absolutely zero against Bill Moos, I am just confident in saying he pissed some people off by getting crunk around some dolla dolla bill donors 

Very likely also true. I’m not arguing with you. I’m simply stating my preference would be to have a seemingly friendly guy who appears to be taking care of business in the AD’s seat rather than maybe a few boosters whose importance is mostly in their own minds. I guess if it’s bad enough that we stand lose major dollars, then maybe something needs to be done. But it just smells like there’s probably one or two dbags that want to feel important and throw the weight of their contributions around. I don’t like people like that.