Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We removed every piece of Perlman. That includes Eichorst. It's not false at all. TO was giving his blessing as long as no one associated with Harvey was around.

Totally correct.

When Perlman decided to do things his way by going "around" Tom it did not set well with Tom.  At all.

Tom had decades long relationships with some of them.

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He did what practically anyone not associated with Harvey Perlman would have been able to accomplish. TO disliked Perlman exponentially. Once he was out Scott had the green light from TO. It really is that simple. They could have hired you or I and we would have got the same deal done. 

Exactly.  Hiring Scott Frost was the easiest accomplishment two other guys could do for Moos.

1 hour ago, Redux said:

You're claiming a Monkey could have come in and hired Frost just because Perlman and Eichorst were gone.  That is false.

Because it is true actually. Scott shared the same displeasure as TO because well him and TO are tight as we all know. I'm telling you we could have hired a monkey as long as that monkey had zero connections to Harvey Perlman 

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Because it is true actually. Scott shared the same displeasure as TO because well him and TO are tight as we all know. I'm telling you we could have hired a monkey as long as that monkey had zero connections to Harvey Perlman 

No, just no.

He had desire to remain at UCF.  There were two major jobs open just down the street with better recruiting bases.  This wasn't cut and dry like you think.  Just because you called your shot and were "right" doesn't mean Frost  was a lock regardless of who the AD was.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Redux said:

No, just no.

He had desire to remain at UCF.  There were two major jobs open just down the street with better recruiting bases.  This wasn't cut and dry like you think.  Just because you called your shot and were "right" doesn't mean Frost  was a lock regardless of who the AD was.

The Florida AD situation had as much drama as ours did.  Frost wasn't going to Florida.

23 minutes ago, Redux said:

No, just no.

I didnt "call my shot" I was informed of what was happening and share what I had learned. TO wasnt going to let Scott come back unless every ounce of Perlman was eradicated from the university. This had less to do with AD and more to do with Green and Bounds. TO announced his retirement as AD on Harvey's day off a Jewish Holiday....the hate TO has for Harvey is quite large. 

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Fire miles now. No reason to wait this is sad

At the risk of turning this into a basketball thread...I thought the same way as you, but there’s little to be gained from it.

We have zero depth—something Miles should have been working on all non-con, and he didn’t. Firing Miles isn’t going to give us those two months back, and by the time an interim coach gets the bench players going, the season will be over (with zero post-season invites).

This program needs to go out and get a damn good coach and open the purse-strings (say, up to $3m/yr?) to get coaching talent here.

We have *everything* else ready—fans, facilities, AD support for winners. We just need a coach that can develop kids and consistently bring and improve 4* talent.

Sorry—just tired of the damn c**k tease that Nebraskaball has been last and now this year. The Wisky loss really want me to have Moos go loose on Miles.

9 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Gotta love the football off-season. 

Yes, and some of it is media desperation.  I'm sure they noticed the purge at BuzzFeed and the seeming endless RIFs in the industry.  It's got to be frustrating as a journalist or legit media member when terrible sites like Saturday Down South throw crap against the wall to draw attention and stir the pot, (the Frost buyout garbage is one example) and they aren't really penalized for it in viewership.

9 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I didnt "call my shot" I was informed of what was happening and share what I had learned. TO wasnt going to let Scott come back unless every ounce of Perlman was eradicated from the university. This had less to do with AD and more to do with Green and Bounds. TO announced his retirement as AD on Harvey's day off a Jewish Holiday....the hate TO has for Harvey is quite large. 

Yeah yeah yeah, guess what?  That same tidbit was floated to more people than just you and has as much merit as the rumor that TO called Scott and said it was time to come home so he just dropped everything and said "Yes sir!"  Everyone knows he wasn't coming here if Perlman and or Eichorst were still on campus. That's not earth shattering.  Neither is TO having disdain for certain things and certain people.

Again, this wasn't a lock.  You can keep saying it was but it wasn't.  He just had a kid, liked being in Florida and he had plenty of options.  If the AD hire gets mucked so does our hiring of Frost.  A monkey couldn't have hired him.  Look how many programs missed on their top choices, it's not as easy as you're making it sound.

6 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Didn't Florida balk at Scott Frost bringing all his assistants?  Maybe it was just a story for UF brass to save face?

Florida had a lot of issues with it.  But that doesn't change the fact they made at least 3 attempts at hiring Frost.

Just now, Redux said:

Yeah yeah yeah, guess what?  That same tidbit was floated to more people than just you and has as much merit as the rumor that TO called Scott and said it was time to come home so he just dropped everything and said "Yes sir!"  Everyone knows he wasn't coming here if Perlman and or Eichorst were still on campus. That's not earth shattering.  Neither is TO having disdain for certain things and certain people.

Again, this wasn't a lock.  You can keep saying it was but it wasn't.  He just had a kid, liked being in Florida and he had plenty of options.  If the AD hire gets mucked so does our hiring of Frost.  A monkey couldn't have hired him.  Look how many programs missed on their top choices, it's not as easy as you're making it sound.

It's not as hard as you're making it sound either....

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It's not as hard as you're making it sound either....

Yeah....hiring the hottest name in the country away from a place he built and loves after just having a kid to come back to his alma matter with no recruiting base, cold weather, massive rebuild and still portions of discontent in the administration.....you're right, this was a slam dunk just cause Dr. Tom made a telephone call.

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yeah....hiring the hottest name in the country away from a place he built and loves after just having a kid to come back to his alma matter with no recruiting base, cold weather, massive rebuild and still portions of discontent in the administration.....you're right, this was a slam dunk just cause Dr. Tom made a telephone call.

Yet here he is with a top 20 recruiting class close to his parents with his son and wife and TO with an administration without Harvey. It's almost like Scott wanted to be here and it was his....dare I say dream job? I once remember a coach who had the name or Scott Frost who held the belief that Nebraska was his dream job....crazy to think right? 

Look Redux obviously neither of us will ever agree and I'm cool with that. 

You dont think it was as easy as I do and it's all water under the bridge at this point. We are both happy it turned out the way it did I'm sure. 

So can we agree to drop it? Our back and forth is going to result in neither of us bowing down.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Yet here he is with a top 20 recruiting class close to his parents with his son and wife and TO with an administration without Harvey. It's almost like Scott wanted to be here and it was his....dare I say dream job? I once remember a coach who had the name or Scott Frost who held the belief that Nebraska was his dream job....crazy to think right? 

Look Redux obviously neither of us will ever agree and I'm cool with that. 

You dont think it was as easy as I do and it's all water under the bridge at this point. We are both happy it turned out the way it did I'm sure. 

So can we agree to drop it? Our back and forth is going to result in neither of us bowing down.

None of that means it was easy to get him to come here.  Or are you just ignoring the part where Osborne basically had to talk him into taking the job a couple days before it was announced?

• Plus1 3