Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

On 2/18/2019 at 2:46 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

Do you think Frost will be like Riley and hire an outside consultant to come in and teach his team how to tackle? hahahaha. Sorry I couldnt help myself.

That is the type WINTER Humor we need around here!   Well SE and MR paid 100K for that so let that sink in for your taxes payers or donors money at work.   That place was such a JOKE SHOW. Hopefully Moos is able to clean it up.  Getting SF is a good start, but IMO more needs to be done internally in the AD as many are not up to the challenge of "rowing in the same direction".   

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Riggins said:

That is the type WINTER Humor we need around here!   Well SE and MR paid 100K for that so let that sink in for your taxes payers or donors money at work.   That place was such a JOKE SHOW. Hopefully Moos is able to clean it up.  Getting SF is a good start, but IMO more needs to be done internally in the AD as many are not up to the challenge of "rowing in the same direction".   

Not a dime of taxpayer money went towards that 100k 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Nebraska Football spends exactly zero taxpayer dollars.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not a dime of taxpayer money went towards that 100k 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Nebraska Football spends exactly zero taxpayer dollars.

I am guessing you are correct.   I just tend to lump all things NU into tax dollars, but your thinking is more than likely correct.   I WILL SAY it is CORRECT.   However I still like to think of it that way.  

On 2/20/2019 at 4:20 PM, Jack Riggins said:

I am guessing you are correct.   I just tend to lump all things NU into tax dollars, but your thinking is more than likely correct.   I WILL SAY it is CORRECT.   However I still like to think of it that way.  

Honestly it’s a flawed way to think.  The Athletic Department and the University have 2 completely different budgets and revenue sources. When people make comments about the Athletic Department spending “our tax money” those people are making incorrect statements, but it’s the way a lot of people in the State of Nebraska think. No matter the success of the football team or the entire Athletic Department, when people complain about uses of “our tax money” they sound like people who like to complain about things without knowing the true facts. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly it’s a flawed way to think.  The Athletic Department and the University have 2 completely different budgets and revenue sources. When people make comments about the Athletic Department spending “our tax money” those people are making incorrect statements, but it’s the way a lot of people in the State of Nebraska think. No matter the success of the football team or the entire Athletic Department, when people complain about uses of “our tax money” they sound like people who like to complain about things without knowing the true facts. 

In fact, the athletic department as a whole is so incredibly self-sufficient (donors, endowments, etc) that they pay for all of their expenses in a year, then spend a ridiculous amount on facilities upgrades, cool perks, etc for all the teams, and then still usually have several million dollars left that they donate back to the academic side of the University for them to use to lower expenses/provide scholarships to the general student population. 

The Athletic Dept lowers (marginally) the contributions from taxpayers to run UNL. 

• Plus1 4

Amen

i get sick of that uninformed nonsense

the football department pays for almost all the other sports

contributes millions to the general university fund for non athlete students

the football program has generated hundreds of millions of dollars for local small businesses, developers etc

yep academics are king

however the English department won’t see 90,000 of us line up 7 times a year and pay tens of millions to watch them write etc 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

In fact, the athletic department as a whole is so incredibly self-sufficient (donors, endowments, etc) that they pay for all of their expenses in a year, then spend a ridiculous amount on facilities upgrades, cool perks, etc for all the teams, and then still usually have several million dollars left that they donate back to the academic side of the University for them to use to lower expenses/provide scholarships to the general student population. 

The Athletic Dept lowers (marginally) the contributions from taxpayers to run UNL. 

You guys are right....It is flawed thinking.   The AD is the best and knows what they are doing as representatives of a "State" institution with private/donated funding.  They are no doubt very valuable to the overall university and its mission but a legitimate questions I have is:  While the revenue and budgets streams are different as you have pointed out, they (The AD) still must adhere to state laws and ethics the govern a public institution correct?   Or are the rules different when its "Tax payers money"?   I honestly don't know...it would seem to me an administrator is the same as a professor from the outside looking in as a steward fo the institution?  Correct. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Has anyone heard anything “interesting” lately?

Just got a text from my dad about Moos being out, Cook to AD, and Chris Tamas (former NU asst/current Illinois coach) to VB coach?

I have a hard time believing this...

Quite a few days to go to April 1st.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Moos should never, ever, ever be fired if he lands hoiberg.  He should have immunity.

Heck, he earned immunity when he signed Frost. If he lands Hoiberg they're going to have to start renaming sports venues on campus. Sorry Tom and Bob.....

• Plus1 3