Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

Next time, I'll make sure to as the " /s " to the end of something I think is so outlandish that no one would believe it. 

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

This piqued my interest. Last night I got a text from a buddy stating the same thing, saying that this was "burning up the message boards". So I'm curious, is that how your dad came by the information also? I mean it would only take one idiot on a message board to make up such a story and then hundreds of other users to say "hey, I saw this...." and pretty soon we have a pretty wild and completely unsubstantiated rumor on our hands.

What if your buddy is Red Five's dad?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Personal opinion/hot take: 

I don't care if Moos lands Hoiberg. His handling of the Miles situation, regardless of how it ends up, was a f#&%ing s#!t show, and should be viewed critically in regards to his performance as an AD. 

How did he handle the Miles situation?

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

How did he handle the Miles situation?

Flying a replacement in the middle of the night to tour facilities while your current coach is still employed and on a road trip. 

Signing him to a contract (allegedly) while you're still employing a current coach. 

It's so official that contract details are leaking while your current coach is still employed. 

Assuming you fire him, you'll cite "poor performance". So not having the balls to do it before the NIT and then watching him win games and delaying your entire timeline (and potentially putting your hire at risk). 

s#!t. Show. I hope Timmy wins the whole damn thing and Moos has to look even dumber firing him like he did. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Flying a replacement in the middle of the night to tour facilities while your current coach is still employed and on a road trip. 

Signing him to a contract (allegedly) while you're still employing a current coach. 

It's so official that contract details are leaking while your current coach is still employed. 

Assuming you fire him, you'll cite "poor performance". So not having the balls to do it before the NIT and then watching him win games and delaying your entire timeline (and potentially putting your hire at risk). 

s#!t. Show. I hope Timmy wins the whole damn thing and Moos has to look even dumber firing him like he did.

I don't know how this stuff normally works, but your first 3 sentences sound exactly like what happened when Frost was hired. He didn't get a tour of the facilities, because he didn't need one, but they did an interview the day before Nebraska played @ Penn State. I fail to see how any of that is wrong when it comes to this business and I don't know whether it's abnormal for college basketball.

I do think it was odd not to fire him before the NIT, but again I don't know if it's abnormal.

• Plus1 3

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess you can refer to it as a sh#t show if you want to. To me, it just looks like an AD identifying a currently subpar coach and being proactive in securing the best replacement possible. I don't understand the hysterics over all this "while the season is still going on" or "while Miles is still coaching this team".

Maybe it's because Miles is really likeable? And because we were never good at basketball anyway, so he's given more excuses than a football coach would get.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

College sports is a cut throat business.   Miles had specific goals which he did not meet.  To get the best coach, you can not wait.   I just wished he would of fired Tim before the nit and let the asst. Run the show.  The problem with today is social media, the place of rumors that are right & wrong and many take as gospel.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

So, I'm going to assume you had a problem when Moos did virtually all of this during the process of hiring Scott Frost?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2